Where Are Your Kids!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humulus

Reaction score
OK,my mate popped around for a few xmas drinks this arvo with his SWAMBO and young bloke,also bought 5kgs of grain to crack.
We had a few beers cracked the grain left it in the bucket,sparked the BBQ up had dinner.Half way through it my young fella and my mates young fella vanished..only to show up 15 min later covered in white sweet smelling powder and bits of grain allover them!!!!!!!!!!they had found the grain in the shed and thrown it bloody everywhere,into the drillpress,compressor,workbench even filled the dunny and shower with it.! 2hrs to clean up
Lesson learned keep milled grain with the lid on and out of reach.
Merry Xmas :icon_chickcheers:

Haha thanks for the post :p

Glad it wasn't anything to do with kids and boiling liquids... I'm always paranoid about brewing and leaving stuff unattended with the kids around.

Haha thanks for the post :p

Glad it wasn't anything to do with kids and boiling liquids... I'm always paranoid about brewing and leaving stuff unattended with the kids around.
My kids are pretty big. I gotta worry about them stealing all my beer soon.

BTW what's an ARVO? please excuse my northern west hemisphere address.

gold!

you should have mashed the kids though...an hour at 65 degrees would make them appreciate the gravity of their actions

call it dennis' delight or something?

gold!

you should have mashed the kids though...an hour at 65 degrees would make them appreciate the gravity of their actions

call it dennis' delight or something?
Thank goodness you are AG. The boys could've really hurt themselves throwing tins of LME at each other.

My 2yo son helped me mash in a porter the other night. Everytime the water went in I had him standing a good distance away.
Ultra paranoid about AGing with the kids around, so I mostly brew at night now.

Classic story about the grain though.

edit: Got a porter bubbling like crazy in the garage (under 1sec per bubble). Last night I went to turn off the daughters night light, and I could clearly hear it in her bedroom, right above the garage. Amazing she got to sleep in it, as it'd probably drive me insane. Went downstairs and had to reposition the water jug for the blowoff tube.

OK,my mate popped around for a few xmas drinks this arvo with his SWAMBO and young bloke,also bought 5kgs of grain to crack.
We had a few beers cracked the grain left it in the bucket,sparked the BBQ up had dinner.Half way through it my young fella and my mates young fella vanished..only to show up 15 min later covered in white sweet smelling powder and bits of grain allover them!!!!!!!!!!they had found the grain in the shed and thrown it bloody everywhere,into the drillpress,compressor,workbench even filled the dunny and shower with it.! 2hrs to clean up
Lesson learned keep milled grain with the lid on and out of reach.
Merry Xmas :icon_chickcheers:

That's the difference between having boys and girls. Little girls don't get up to those sort of shenanigans. People who only have girls have no idea what its like. Have a couple of boys in the house and it becomes like a war zone.

That's the difference between having boys and girls. Little girls don't get up to those sort of shenanigans. People who only have girls have no idea what its like. Have a couple of boys in the house and it becomes like a war zone.

yea but wait till those girls grow older and that inevitable "week of the month" comes then your stuffed.

You gotta be kidding me! I haven't had any events as big as this grain incident but my 2 and a half year old daughter gets into more stuff and makes more messes than my 4 and a half year old son!

Cheers!
Jono

You gotta be kidding me! I haven't had any events as big as this grain incident but my 2 and a half year old daughter gets into more stuff and makes more messes than my 4 and a half year old son!

Cheers!
Jono

+ one billion gujillion times infinity!

Got a five year old boy and three yo girl, the pair of them can destroy a room in minutes. My brother has 2 the same age except older girl, they live in germany but we see each other once a year. Their daughter ends up in tears because my daughters idea of playing dolls aint that girly. Went camping and took a blow up pool, sister in law ( dutch...that may be the problem) wouldn' t let the other 3 in the pool with the daughter as they splashed and upset her, she reckons our kids arent normal...my dad mentioned there were 3 normal kids, wenr down well.
Bit scared about the hormones kicking in on my daughter, might send her off to boarding school!

All kids are different but in my experience boys get into a lot more strife than girls, obviously there are exceptions. Girls tend to pay it back bigtime when they become teenagers, teenage boys don't want anything to do with their parents, you hardly see them. Teenage girls aren't doing things right if their parents can sleep soundly at night.

When my boys were little the favourite trick was posting peanut butter sandwiches in the VCR. I never heard of girls doing that.

lol greg l.

I got 2 girls 3 and 18 months. they draw over each other. destroyed my brew book. pulled up the mulberry plant, thre around my screw driver set, pulling out all the DVD's in the cabinet.... went through my fishing box. hmm yeah not looking forward to 3 women/girls on the crimson tide...

they are constantly in the cupboard and pulling out the cutlery :S

ah well i learnt to keep my brewing stuff up and same with the alcohol. i think my eldest got into a rumbo one day and was sick that night for it...

Back