Where Are You From ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you live and brew ?

• New South Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queensland

• Victoria

• Tasmania

• Western Australia

• Northern Territory

• ACT

• New Zealand

• ummm there was somewhere else......South Australia

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perth, WA.

Rediscovered my brewing in the Carribean where I worked for two years. Had to recruit mules (colleagues & friends) to smuggle ingredients into the country, which limited it to extract & the odd partial mash. Back in Oz I can now drive 30 minutes and get whatever ingredients I like! :icon_cheers:

Perth WA.

Brewed nasty high alc beer with lots of sugar during my uni days and gave it up shortly after. Spent some time in the uk and enjoyed the hand crafted ales which turned me onto looking for recipes and found myself on this website. After returning (with a number of fonts and beer engines for a bar setup) I moved from kits to extract to partials and soon enough onto all grain. Now into a double batch single tier system so I can keep the 8 kegs topped up. Living a few minutes away from Gryphon doesn't hurt.

Born in QLD, moved away in 2003. Last six months have been living and working in W.A. Before that VIC for seven years (where I started brewing). Four years in N.T as a kid. Just relocated back to Brisbane. I start a new job in W.A next week. Confused yet? I sure as hell am! I decided to do something different with my life in 2010 and I've got my money's worth!

It's been difficult being away form brewing and SWMBO. Whoops, I mean SWMBO (and brewing). My brew gear is currently on a truck heading north. Haven't brewed anything since January and I'm having major withdrawals. I am celebrating with a new kegging set up in a couple of weeks.

With my new 2/1 week roster I'll brew on my week off, ferment while I'm away for two weeks, come back and chuck 'em in a keg, drink 'em, brew more and repeat cycle.

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Bowie :icon_cheers:

Hi,its a great thread.I am living in Melbourne.I like this thread because by this thread we will come to know about the peoples belonging to different cities and different country.

Hi,its a great thread.I am living in Melbourne.I like this thread because by this thread we will come to know about the peoples belonging to different cities and different country.

Your correct it is an interesting thread Jaissy, my post below from July 2004.

The Pilbara WA , 1600km north of Perth

Iron Ore country

Now living in the Sunshine Coast Hinterlands on a little hobby farm. So much nicer that fixing mining machinery.

Batz

there's nothing better than rolling around in black-jack on a 40 year old dragline, what's wrong with you....

Gday All, I come from a mental institution in Sydney and got a transfer to Brisbane due to the better weather, when I got an assesment in Brisbane they let me out as they said I should fit in up here nicely . Im now in the Noosa hinterland living on a couple of acres making my own beer and growing my own smoking requirements, I spend most days on Noosa beach with an esky full of home brew smoking and perving on the bird life up here. :lol:

Now living in the Sunshine Coast Hinterlands on a little hobby farm. So much nicer that fixing mining machinery.

Batz Jaissy Posted Today, 05:59 PM

Hi Batz,

It is amazing how a lot of our old aquaintances have fallen from the radar over the years :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Spent my first 20 years in NZ.
Took up K&K in Melbourne in the mid eighties.
Carried the habit back to NZ, couple of years off to travel then carried on K&K back in Melbourne, Sydney, back to Melbourne.
Finally over to the AG dark side about 4 years ago - should have jumped sooner!
Cheers,
Mark

From Maroubra - God's Country :D

Looks like the New South Welshmen (and women) love a decent brew...

Sutherland shire, Sydney, true gods country. :beerbang:

Batz Jaissy Posted Today, 05:59 PM

Hi Batz,

It is amazing how a lot of our old aquaintances have fallen from the radar over the years :lol: :lol:

Cheers

I remember him ! That's going back cobber.

Batz

Brewing from Singapore
Hot, humid and thirsty

I have just moved to Launceston looking for someone with a little more experience than my 5 brews. Having said that me and my mates are having a great time learning all about brewing and beer in general.
anyone else from Launie give me a PM
Cheers Stu

from the hunter valley nsw learning as much as i can just put my first batch down today i wont be using bottles but using kegs :icon_cheers:

Born in Rhodesia
Now brewing in Toowoomba Qld

Cheers

Mildura, vic.

not a bad place. we have a brewery just not that good of a one!

Margaret River --> Northern Ireland --> Liverpool --> Now brewing in Dunedin at the (almost) very south of NZ. At least we don't need to refrigerate our lagers down here :super:

Hopetoun, WA; 500 k's south of perth, thanks for all the useful info guys, have gleaned quite a bit!

Born in Germany, at the age of 3 my parents packed up everything and moved to Bribane where we have lived ever since. Started brewing about 6 months ago, after a 3 year break where i did a lot of kits and dex now am into mini mash's etc and a reackon biab will be very soon, especially after seeing Qldkev's thread yesterday 100l of beer in 5 hrs nice.

Jan.

Rockingham, Western Australia.

Not the most ideal place In W.A but It's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back