Where Are The Good Spots In Brisbane?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Dog Brewery

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in QLD for work from tomorrow and I should (but knowing my work that will get pushed to some god-awful time) be finished on the G/Coast around lunchtime Thursday leaving me the arvo to make my way to a hotel near the airport for an early flight out on Friday. What / where are the good micro's / brew pubs that are worth a visit?

Cheers BDB

Black dog, you flying out of the GC or Brizzy? If flying out of Brizzy, you come right past me on the way to the city & you're welcome to drop bye & sample a few ales...

cheers Ross

Near the airport? None. In town? Not much better unfortunately. The Brewhouse is probably your best bet if your looking for a brewpub, in fact its the only one in town as far as I know. They have a good selection on tap too. Check out the Brewhouse beer tasting thread for location info (I think).We're really on the short end of the stick as far as those things go compared to the other capitals. There's a few other decent drinking holes around, but you'll need someone else to point them out for you 'cause I'm an anti social ******* who doesn't go out past the german club when I'm looking for a good beer. But I'm sure they're there.
Ah, beat me to it Jye

Thanks for the tips,

Im usually just around the corner from the brew house when in town - great spot but I was hopeful for something new.
Ross thanks for the offer - I will take you up on it although I know I'll end up in the shop spending all my spare coin.

PM on its way.

Cheers BDB

You could try the International hotel @ Spring Hill (sort of the city) - formerly Cheers, I think Rudi is still brewing there after the change-over. I've been meaning to go there for the 2-for-1 Saturday lunches and find out, but things keep getting in the way. Anyone up on this??

Back