When to bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

I have completed and bottled my first brew, FRED IPA. It isn't great, although seems to be getting better the longer I leave it. I am now 3 weeks into my second brew, Pirate Life IIPA recipe. I am feeling much more confident as I have managed to keep the temperature between 18-21 degrees., and many thanks to everyone who provided advice. My question is this;

My initial hydrometer reading was 1060. The beer is now sitting on 1015 and has been for two days now. The Hydrometer itself, based on the instructions, suggests beer is ready at 1010.

I am unsure whether I should bottle now, and there is still some activity in the brew as the airlock is active, although this nis every 15 minutes or so.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

What's your recipe, and which yeast did you use.
75% apparent attenuation seems within the ball park for a lot of ale yeasts, so it may not be a problem, but more information would be helpful.

The recipe is pirate life iipa. The yeast came with the recipe, Rapid Creek Pale Ale concentrate so I couldn't tell you the type of yeast exactly. Does that help? I'm hoping to be a bit more adventurous for my next brew and haven't really looked into yeast.

Give it another couple of days and if the SG hasn't moved, bottle away. Having been in the fermenter for 3 weeks and a movement of 1.045, at those temps, I'd say the race is run mate.

Latest posts

Back