Wheat Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brisfox

Reaction score
Fellas I have a wheat beer on tap at the moment. Trouble is when I pour it Im just getting foam.
I presured at 60 KPA and was carbonated in my usual way being chilled to 4 degs and left conected to the gas @ 200 kpa for 3 days.

Any thoughts.

Bris.

Fellas I have a wheat beer on tap at the moment. Trouble is when I pour it Im just getting foam.
I presured at 60 KPA and was carbonated in my usual way being chilled to 4 degs and left conected to the gas @ 200 kpa for 3 days.

Any thoughts.

Bris.

There's too much co2 in it. Or it's too warm for your serving pressure. Cool it down or fizz it off or turn your serving pressure down.

Mate i just had a dunkelweizen that is FLAT and cant get it to carb up.

WTF is it with wheats at the moment?

When I've had overcarbed beers I've just vented the keg over a couple of days, you could always bring it to room temperature briefly to help it de-gas. Otherwise, it might be a slight infection? Does it taste right?

Oh and I cleaned the line last night to make sure theres no obsticles to disturb the beer on its way to the tap.

It comes out like ice cream and I dont think its over carbonated because after leaving it sitting for 5 mins it tastes flat.

Buggered if know.

Nick Ive just set the fridge to 1 deg , see I the morning.

Mummmm wheat beer for breakfast.

Brisfox how long has it been in the keg? In the past I've found that a beer can kind of settle in after a week or two - when previously it seemed overcarbed.
good luck

Ive had the same before with some of my lagers but they have settled down after a few days.
This has been in the fridge for just over a week now and it just wont settle down.

Any thoughts.

Bris.

How long is your beer line?
It doesn't matter of course if you have flow control taps.

.. chilled to 4 degs and left conected to the gas @ 200 kpa for 3 days.

OVER CARBONATED!

I run my at 200 for 24 hours and they are close enough, come up over the nek day or 2 at serving pressure... better to under carb than over IMO.

Take the gas post off, bleed the keg, serve from it at a dribble - thus using the c02 in the beer to serve and getting it out of the over carbed keg..... bleed it and bleed or dribble serve...

It will come good.

2c

OVER CARBONATED!

I run my at 200 for 24 hours and they are close enough, come up over the nek day or 2 at serving pressure... better to under carb than over IMO.

Take the gas post off, bleed the keg, serve from it at a dribble - thus using the c02 in the beer to serve and getting it out of the over carbed keg..... bleed it and bleed or dribble serve...

It will come good.

2c

+1
i also do the 24 hour 200kpa carb, Then pouring pressure... SOmetimes the first days beers are a tad undercarbed, but equalises out over a few days when left at pouring pressure.

Never had an over carbed keg (tough wood)

Nick Ive just set the fridge to 1 deg , see I the morning.

Mummmm wheat beer for breakfast.

Should pop the fridge up a few degrees IMO.

And back on topic, defs overcarbed.

Back