Whats Your Favourite/best Kit Can

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

govorko1974

Reaction score
was just wondering what people use as their favourite kit can or what the think are the best ones on the market...i have only ever used coopers myself

Coopers IPA here
Second is Coopers Stout both give very good results without messing around too much with addons.

I did an Aussie MID 3.5 (not sure of the brand), at 13 degrees with S23 Lager yeast about a year ago, and it was a stunner :)

Pretty much just use the Coopers Canadian Blonde as its very light and not much twang. A good kit to pimp out.

+1 with the Canadian Blonde (Coopers or Morgans) because you can do what you like to it. I like the Cascade Pale Ale cans with a US05 yeast to make a nice APA. I have heard good things about Mangrove Jacks but never tried them.

Im drinking an APA now which is very nice after 2 weeks. I have a few going in the fermenter now, Coopers English Bitter, Heritage Lager and Dark Ale/Stout toucan.

Only prob is mine is fermenting at about 25 degrees :blink:

Coopers dark ale with kg of dextrose kg of BE1 and either US04 or the lid yeast and fuggles to dry hop. Been an absolute winner for me.

Depends what type of beers you like, but I like the Muntons Yorkshire Bitter.

+1

I used to think I was a Dark man... but bloody hell... those pommy bitters are nice ... but my favourite currently is a blend between the two...

a bit of dark and a bit of bitters... the two compliment each other nicely

shall i propose the conspiracy theory that many of the Coopers and Morgans cans are the same with different labels?

i heard from a bloke who heard from a bloke that Coopers only can a couple of their own the rest are badge engineering....

i use both, both good. i agree Coopers IPA is a stunner... at about 8 months..

shall i propose the conspiracy theory that many of the Coopers and Morgans cans are the same with different labels?

i heard from a bloke who heard from a bloke that Coopers only can a couple of their own the rest are badge engineering....

i use both, both good. i agree Coopers IPA is a stunner... at about 8 months..

Brewferm belgian beer kits are the top of my list. They don't make as much, but it is an excellent beer IMO.

Worth the effort of finding.

Goose & Firkin Dogbolter kit is awesome with some Styrian Goldings thrown in for aroma as well.

mangrove jacks blonde, nice on its own with hardly any kit twang, steep some grains for an even nicer summer lager style and some late haletau hops.
a favourite amongst my "i don't drink home brew" friends.
you just can't bugger up this kit.

coopers european lager is not bad,
black rock dry lager is a fine drop if you like the dry lager style.

Coopers stout and dark ale kit
Second in line will be muntons conkerwood kit. brew it with london ale yeast and you got a smashing brew.

Favourite kits:

Coopers Stout - Green can., what ever that one is.
Coopers IPA
Black Rock Pils Blonde. Use this as a base for lagers and Pilsners.

Fear_n_loath

agreed, i put it on 3 weeks ago, it's a cracker at the moment, will leave for a couple more weeks then get into it.

Coopers Sparkling Ale with 250 gms crystal and 30-40 gms Styrians in a 10 minute boil is a cracker.
Muntons Yorkshire Bitter was also a huge favourite.
Coopers Stout toucan. (cheers Bribie)
Cheers, John.

On the topic of favourite cans and the conspiracy theory that it is the same goop different label, has anybody ever tried the homebrand kits. They are always there in the homebrew section of woolworths but I can never bring myself to buy one.

Anybody had any experience?

Back