What's with the PC bullshit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For fucks sake, listen to you mongs, I thought this was a home brew forum. I think the Womens Weekly might have a column you can write to.

For fucks sake, listen to you mongs, I thought this was a home brew forum. I think the Womens Weekly might have a column you can write to.
Did you just assume my literacy capabilities?
I need my safe space now. These words hurt.

We are so lucky in Australia that we dont have any Muslim terrorists.
I was getting worried when pedestrians in Melbourne at Flinders and Elizabeth were mowed down by a suspicous looking bloke with a big beard, but it is all fine !!!
He is just a lone wolf mentally deranged drug addict according to our wonderful police and that great state leader of ours Dan the man Andrews.
Surely he isnt spending my taxpayer funded Centrekink benefits on drugs ??? That wouldnt be a great refugee prigramme we are running in this country.

I think we should just blame white people who were born here and have jobs, as it really must be our fault. I dont know how i can sleep at night......

I feel like you're trying to make a point, but it's lost on me.

I haven't been active here in a while, checked back and have found that the entertainment values is akin to the 'good ol' days of AHB' that I was barely privy to.
Is there a difference to being offended and just having the shits? I tire with people going out of their way to be politically correct with the intent of not offending someone. I also tire of people attacking the ideals of those they disagree with (especially the so-labelled 'progressive' types that will threaten harm against people with values that they don't align with), those who actively seek to find hidden meanings in order to be offended, and the generally entitled nature of folks these days. That's how I see it anyway. Even though these people piss me off I'm not offended by them, they just piss me off and make me generally bitter.

Seeing as you're all well-meaning folk and I'm feeling festive (it was just Christmas after all) I'll let you in on my secret weapon against the big wide world out there: ignorance. I'm ignorant as **** when it comes to being offended. Switch the offensive stuff off, ignore it. A simple source is the featured "news" articles in Snapchat and is good guide on what terms and content to ignore. Some notable words in headlines to ignore -
  • How to...
  • Your 'x'...
  • Shocking
  • You won't believe...
  • THESE / THIS (i.e. this is/will/won't or won't believe this')
  • Anything that's an extreme
    • The ONLY...
    • You need
    • EVER / EVERY
    • NEVER
    • MUST
  • Even (i.e. don't even / did you even)
  • Hacks
Complimentary to the above this excludes sources like news.com.au, free-to-air morning shows, The Project, the Herald Sun and well the mainstream media in general I suppose.
I've learnt to filter a lot of my noise around me by recognising this content and simply ignoring it. By ignoring harmless stuff that that pisses me off I've found - to my complete expectation - that I'm getting less pissed off. As a kicker, being ignorant offends the easily offended so the issue is a win-win.

I should note that I'm ignorant of things but I'm not unable to be offended. I also recognise the law and what is considered discrimination, and I choose not to offend under these laws even if I don't agree because hey, I'm in Soviet Australia, if I don't want to follow these laws I could move to Islam or something.

A few months back I was at the races and there were smoking hot chicks in spades. Blokes were neatly trimmed, formal wear abounds and 95% of them probably hadn't been to a track since they last overdressed for a similar horse event. Everyone was knocking back booze at a rate of knots and combing their hair on every dunny visit. Between the mist of cologne a bloke maybe in his 50's emerged with an aging straw hat, wearing a pair of Hard Yakka shorts, a trashy button up Lowes shirt and some K-Mart thongs. He was looking through his bets and wading through the piss heads trying to look what was on for the next race. My brother said something like "holy crap check out the threads on this bloke". This bloke did not give a flying **** about what people thought about him, he was there to punt and looked like he was shutting off all the suits and bullshit to enjoy the races. This is an example of how to be happy in life.

Happy holidays? Shift-delete, go check the gravity on my no doubt infected beer.

Hear hear. On all fronts.

Is there a difference to being offended and just having the shits?

The only difference as I understand it is, in our common vernacular, use of the former is usually by people who expect others to give a shit.

Happy holidays? Shift-delete, go check the gravity on my no doubt infected beer.

Love it all. Welcome back!
Click bait is fucked. ‘This 85 year old looks 25 with this one neat trick... ******* spare me.
Here’s to being a dag at the races in a few years - If I’m not too busy brewing! Happy new year.

I haven't been active here in a while, checked back and have found that the entertainment values is akin to the 'good ol' days of AHB' that I was barely privy to.
Is there a difference to being offended and just having the shits? I tire with people going out of their way to be politically correct with the intent of not offending someone. I also tire of people attacking the ideals of those they disagree with (especially the so-labelled 'progressive' types that will threaten harm against people with values that they don't align with), those who actively seek to find hidden meanings in order to be offended, and the generally entitled nature of folks these days. That's how I see it anyway. Even though these people piss me off I'm not offended by them, they just piss me off and make me generally bitter.

Seeing as you're all well-meaning folk and I'm feeling festive (it was just Christmas after all) I'll let you in on my secret weapon against the big wide world out there: ignorance. I'm ignorant as **** when it comes to being offended. Switch the offensive stuff off, ignore it. A simple source is the featured "news" articles in Snapchat and is good guide on what terms and content to ignore. Some notable words in headlines to ignore -
  • How to...
  • Your 'x'...
  • Shocking
  • You won't believe...
  • THESE / THIS (i.e. this is/will/won't or won't believe this')
  • Anything that's an extreme
    • The ONLY...
    • You need
    • EVER / EVERY
    • NEVER
    • MUST
  • Even (i.e. don't even / did you even)
  • Hacks
Complimentary to the above this excludes sources like news.com.au, free-to-air morning shows, The Project, the Herald Sun and well the mainstream media in general I suppose.
I've learnt to filter a lot of my noise around me by recognising this content and simply ignoring it. By ignoring harmless stuff that that pisses me off I've found - to my complete expectation - that I'm getting less pissed off. As a kicker, being ignorant offends the easily offended so the issue is a win-win.

I should note that I'm ignorant of things but I'm not unable to be offended. I also recognise the law and what is considered discrimination, and I choose not to offend under these laws even if I don't agree because hey, I'm in Soviet Australia, if I don't want to follow these laws I could move to Islam or something.

A few months back I was at the races and there were smoking hot chicks in spades. Blokes were neatly trimmed, formal wear abounds and 95% of them probably hadn't been to a track since they last overdressed for a similar horse event. Everyone was knocking back booze at a rate of knots and combing their hair on every dunny visit. Between the mist of cologne a bloke maybe in his 50's emerged with an aging straw hat, wearing a pair of Hard Yakka shorts, a trashy button up Lowes shirt and some K-Mart thongs. He was looking through his bets and wading through the piss heads trying to look what was on for the next race. My brother said something like "holy crap check out the threads on this bloke". This bloke did not give a flying **** about what people thought about him, he was there to punt and looked like he was shutting off all the suits and bullshit to enjoy the races. This is an example of how to be happy in life.

Did you see Karmichael Hunt there combing his hair on every dunny visit.

Common sense...if ya aian't got it, can't be taught. Good footballer, I think there's a couple cards missing...why would ya keep on rolling the dice on those dollars?

We don't have Muslim terrorists?

Has anyone told the AFP and ASIO this? I'm sure they'll be relieved to hear it.
It was the head of ASIO who only last year stated that Refugees and Muslims are not what is creating Terrorism in Australia - what ever you do, Don't tell the Aussies the truth....

Hahah, yep, so you know more about the terror threat than the Director Generral of ASIO who also happens to be a former commander in the SAS.

You just magically know stuff that he doesn't. Or, he's being careful with the facts just for shits and giggles and you know how things really should be done.

With your amazing insights and depth of knowledge, can I ask what it is you do for a job? I'm assuming that you're a leading professor, the head of the AFP or a ground breaking investigative journalist?

No? What a waste of your amazing talents that allow you to just pluck the truth out of the air!!!

It was the head of ASIO who only last year stated that Refugees and Muslims are not what is creating Terrorism in Australia - what ever you do, Don't tell the Aussies the truth....

Whatever you do, don't listen to armchair experts. I reckon that the head of ASIO might know a bit more about this than most people looking to confirm their own biases.

The Melbourne incident for example, the Counter Terrorism unit is based is based just down the road from where the incident took place and were on site pretty quickly. They were probably there before any/most people on this site. I'll take their expert assessment over the right wing nutjobs on radio and newcorpse pap
Hahah, yep, so you know more about the terror threat than the Director Generral of ASIO who also happens to be a former commander in the SAS.

Apparently more than Counter Terrorism as well, that are headquartered just down the road from the Flinders St attack and were on scene before the ambos.

We have such a shortage of terrorists that they are trying to extradite one back from Turkey would suggest sending to a country with a better legal system who can give a fair trial .

I like to think of it as Yuletide as Christmas is just a knock off of Yuletide

Well at least I stand a chance of being published in the Womens Weekly. Clearly you wouldn't.

Back