What's The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Found In A Bottle Of Bee

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shed101

Beer Dog
Reaction score
And I don't mean a beer you bottled yourself whilst in your cups.

Tonight I found a small piece of paper with some sums on it.

The beer was from a reputable NZ micro and I only discovered the paper as I was tipping the beer down the sink 'cos it was halfway sarsons.

Huon Dark Ale is the weirdest thing I've ever found in a beer bottle.

Perhaps not all that weird but I once found something in a bottle of ginger beer that I assumed to be a bit of ginber that had slipped through the net. Rolled it across my tongue a few times before I figured out it was a big fat blowfly. :icon_vomit:

Weirder than the Cleansing Ale? Hat tipped.
In all fairness, the Huon was the first beer of theirs I'd ever had and, as such, have never had another.

Nor shall I.

Mold. Big enough to be mistaken for a woolly bear caterpillar. In a beer I was judging at a homebrew competition. 'Twas a stout, so I didn't see it....I unfortunately discovered it "too late". :icon_vomit:

hmm bet that guy was impressed at his score sheet. Nice color, bit sour, could of left out the mold :p

The perils of being a homebrew judge... :lol:

In all fairness, the Huon was the first beer of theirs I'd ever had and, as such, have never had another.

Nor shall I.
i emailed him , to tell him his beer was infected....he sent me a sixer....that was infected too lol

One of the guys that my dad used to work with was adding sugar to his bottles, by the time he finshed his wife had dinner ready for him so he went inside, had a few and thought he'd bottle in the morning. So he bottled it in the morning. UNfortunately a few mice had decided to try eat the sugar and had crawled into the bottles. A few months later he discovered that a lot of his bottles had mice in them.

Not sure how true the story is, but the guy that told me (the brewer) wasn't really one for bullshit, he was pretty old too so he might've been a bit blind.

wasnt bribie trying to put the mouse cage back into his beers again was it?

A cockroach. Group of homebrewers at a swap meet. Everyone tried the beer, sniffed, sipped then drank the glass full. Seconds were poured and out came the fortified cockroach. Nothing funnier that 5 grown men dry-reaching all at once.

tnd

I had a friend who was a k&k brewer who showed me a big flier that somehow got into a bottle. He'd put another one from the same batch into the Samford show comp, pity the judges indeed.

Back