Whats The Best Beer You Have Had?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best sessionable and accessable beer for me in terms of price has to be Mac's Sassy Red. So well balanced - LOVE that beer!

overrated,overpriced.

Oh, sorry. I thought the thread was asking what my best beer was.

It's $3 a bottle in Canada, and is fresh - I went nuts on it and as such I have to say it's my best beer. Australian tax laws seem to make it expensive.

Although I do worry that you don't agree.

De Struise Pannepot!! had it on tap in Antwerp bloody devine,also any of the 3 Westvelteren (the blond,gold top was awsome),and for a daily drinker a "bolleke"of De Koninck
as you can tell i love my belgians!!!! :icon_chickcheers:

Internationally, I will go for the Rochefort 8, the 10 is a wee bit big for me
Any of the coopers vintage for an Australian choice
locally where I am (Singapore), it has got to be Brewerkz Hopsback bitter

Draught: DogFish Head 90 Minute IPA if it's fresh. It gets an ash like taste when it's a little old.
Bottled: SnakeDog IPA from Flying Dog Brewery.
Cask: Fuller's London Porter

Spent a week in Seattle Washington in the very early 90's, spent four hours at the Redhook Brewery drinking their ESB before going and seeing Soundgarden play at a very small venue.

The beers still stick out in my minds eye as being the best beer ever, never had I tasted beers with such flavour straight from the tap.

Always a hard one to pin down.
The best beer definitely tastes 10 times better when the location and moment is right too.

Feral's Funky Junkie...

If you are in WA, go to Feral's and drink this beer....I am a convert to sour beer after drinking this.

I have to say that I haven't been amazingly enamoured by any beer for a fair while, and I had a tiny sample of this recently and spent about 10 mins nosing the poor thing, so it has probably been my most enjoyed beer for months. Very good stuff.

I have to add that I tried the Rochefort 8 a while ago, and it really surprised me how utterly delicious and drinkable it is. Very dangerous stuff.

tough call because it can depend on circumstance...

but if I was only allowed one beer before I died it would be...

2IPA.jpg

First time i had this it blew my mind cause it was so tasty and easy to drink... a definite go to Belgian.

1039.jpg

Jaywalker (2008) from Walking Man in Stevenson, Washington state is my all time favourite. For the most part it's only available at the brewpub, which is in small country town about 50 minutes drive from Portland. It checks in at 12.7% ABV but you can't really notice any alcohol heat.

I've tried to clone it and have 40l under my house, haven't tried any yet. Hope it's close to the original as I won't be visiting the west coast again any time soon.

tates change so often, and there are so many beers. but one of by best beer memories, and one beer that i miss particularly is flowers origional that we were drinking in the windmill, in stratford apon avon. I recall it as being the perfect english ale.

At the moment... It's this:
748ba53f.jpg

I can't get enough hops! I'm biased though... I just bought some shares in the Equity for Punks II program.

Have to agree with the Punk IPA. Managed to get a few at Dan Murphy's in western Sydney for 95 cents each. Really, really good beer. Very clean beer.

I also tried their 77 Lager and considered this just as good. I want more.

I also had a Rogue Brutal IPA I just purchased at the Spotted Cow in Toowoomba. Probably as good as the Punk IPA.

Best beer?

Either of these three. I've had [probably] over 250 different beers, including quite a few craft beers - and these three beers just seem to stand out for me.

Back