What's In Your Kegerator ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donburke

Reaction score
apart from kegs, hops & yeast, what other interesting things have you kept in your kegerator ?

found this interesting post by mercs own http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/53713-duck-in-the-beer-fridge/ and thought its a good idea to build that collar just a little higher, or better utilise the part of your fridge that wont quite fit a keg

please post your photos of any weird, wonderful and interesting things you have had in your kegerator

here's my contribution

IMG_4586.JPG

Offcuts of pine sleepers. SOme case swap beers and water. Speaking of that i need to rinse and wash a keg. I think a keg has a leak too. Bloody gas bottle is empty again

hop bines... every year

christmas turkeys...

15kg of minced pork shoulder...

crash-chilled starters in erlenmeyer flasks...

And in the freezer section I have a vodka/schnapps drawer right above the hops drawer, and below the techni-ice shelf

Actually its the ferm fridges which get hijacked by swmbo at christmas time :)

And then there was the time I hung a whole pig in my 400L ferm fridge... I very well might have a photo of that...

I don't have a picture of the pig hanging up... but...

This is the pig on its way to the brew fridge...

pig in living room.jpg

this is my "pighook" that I installed in one of my 400L all-fridge brew fridges

hook.jpg

now just picture the pig hanging by its tootsies from that hook :)

Coleslaw, meat, eggs, condiments, yeast, teething chew things for the dirt magnet ... etc. It's the kitchen fridge with 2 shelves cut by a third.

IMG_3778.jpg

Sauerkraut and kimchi. Doesn't beat a whole piglet though.

Stux said:
hop bines... every year

christmas turkeys...

15kg of minced pork shoulder...

crash-chilled starters in erlenmeyer flasks...

And in the freezer section I have a vodka/schnapps drawer right above the hops drawer, and below the techni-ice shelf

Actually its the ferm fridges which get hijacked by swmbo at christmas time :)

And then there was the time I hung a whole pig in my 400L ferm fridge... I very well might have a photo of that...

I don't have a picture of the pig hanging up... but...

This is the pig on its way to the brew fridge...

attachicon.gif
pig in living room.jpg

this is my "pighook" that I installed in one of my 400L all-fridge brew fridges

attachicon.gif
hook.jpg

now just picture the pig hanging by its tootsies from that hook :)
Donburke wanted some more info on the cooking :)

I hired a "spit" to cook the pig. It was actually a 'pig roaster' which uses an indirect gas flame in a big hooded oven... basically. No rotation necessary, the pig basically sits on a shelf, just like a big pork roast. Worked well... and bucket loads of fat came out.

was just 25$ for the weekend.

pig on the roaster.jpg

a few hours later... the pig is done... mostly awesome crackling.

the pig is done....jpg

The pig was very succulent and juicy.

piggy goodness.jpg

This was supposed to be an Hawaiian Luau, complete with a Kālua pig, but the fire pit was flooded because we had torrential rain that weekend... in fact... half the guests couldn't make it because the road was closed!

I think... if I was doing it again... I might've setup the roaster as a smoker and slow-smoked the whole hog :)

Made a change from so many catered places where the pork is served over-done and dry.

Stux said:
Donburke wanted some more info on the cooking :)

I hired a "spit" to cook the pig. It was actually a 'pig roaster' which uses an indirect gas flame in a big hooded oven... basically. No rotation necessary, the pig basically sits on a shelf, just like a big pork roast. Worked well... and bucket loads of fat came out.

was just 25$ for the weekend.

attachicon.gif
pig on the roaster.jpg

a few hours later... the pig is done... mostly awesome crackling.

attachicon.gif
the pig is done....jpg

The pig was very succulent and juicy.

attachicon.gif
piggy goodness.jpg

This was supposed to be an Hawaiian Luau, complete with a Kālua pig, but the fire pit was flooded because we had torrential rain that weekend... in fact... half the guests couldn't make it because the road was closed!

I think... if I was doing it again... I might've setup the roaster as a smoker and slow-smoked the whole hog :)

Made a change from so many catered places where the pork is served over-done and dry.
a bit slow i know, but only just saw your post, looks great and made me hungry, i want pig for breakfast

Latest posts

Back