Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drinking the last of a seemingly unending keg. an seq spring ale that’s a pacific ale not really a pacific ale kinda drop. a lot more ibu and hop presence. just how i wanted it.

33% pale, vienna, wheat
galaxy in bucket loads and dry hopped to 6g/L

IMG_9807.jpg

American Pale Ale

Been a while since I brewed a simple APA. 90% pale, 5% crystal and 5% wheat. Simcoe, citra and galaxy late for about 40ibu and then dry hopped with simcoe and citra. Sometimes the simple ones are the best. View attachment 109328

sounds amazing! must have been a dark crystal? looks a lot darker than 5% crystal to me

hob.JPG

Hobgoblin clone , such a tasty drop had a first time craft beer drinker absolutely love this , might have a convert lol

aa.JPG

Sometimes the simplest recipes work the best , pilsner malt with amarillo at 75 degrees for 30 minutes and then keg hopped , currently 2 days in and will leave dry hop for 2 more . Have done the same recipe with galaxy aswell with excellent results . This even has a hint of bitterness , nice summer quaffer .
Thinking of trying a 3 hop combo with the same recipe next time with Galaxy dry hopped for 2 days , Citra for 3 and Amarillo for 4 .

View attachment 109339

Hobgoblin clone , such a tasty drop had a first time craft beer drinker absolutely love this , might have a convert lol

View attachment 109340

Sometimes the simplest recipes work the best , pilsner malt with amarillo at 75 degrees for 30 minutes and then keg hopped , currently 2 days in and will leave dry hop for 2 more . Have done the same recipe with galaxy aswell with excellent results . This even has a hint of bitterness , nice summer quaffer .
Thinking of trying a 3 hop combo with the same recipe next time with Galaxy dry hopped for 2 days , Citra for 3 and Amarillo for 4 .
Care to share your hobgoblin clone mate?

Some time ago I had a hankering to brew a strong Belgian beer after some success with a Radieuse clone, so I checked my stocks and put together a 'gut feel' recipe with some special B, a smattering of Munich, some D2 and a bit of hallertauer and tettanger. I went with 2 packs of Mangrove Jacks Belgian yeasts. During the brew I looked up the style guides and it turns out this matches a Dubbel. Well I figured, at least it's not a complete mongrel. Behold:
IMG_20171102_184203.jpg

Around 7.5% and just glorious. Classic Belgian phenolics with restrained biscuit and malt. Plum, sultana and alcoholic warmth all dance around each other to make for a full beer that's still easy to drink. Need to brew more Belgians, they're just some damn nice.

Latest posts

Back