Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep thats Black n Tan's (Grant). He humbly glad wrapped it knowing it would never exploded as there was a recent swap rule change at the time.

Yep that was mine. Cant believe you still had it! I still have a few bottles left and entered it into Stout Extravaganza this year and it won its' category. Two bottles left now. Hard decision not to enter in VicBrew, but sometimes you have to remind yourself who you brew for...in this case I am keeping them for me!

IMG_20170826_173235087.jpg

To continue the spade theme.

Best thing about finally owning a house... pictures can be hung on the wall and plants can be put in the ground.

In the background is a kolsch which has been lagering for 4 months, body beautiful.

Enjoying a "Papa's Stout" while updating some models and writing a uni report. Keen for the end of the year so I'm finally free from uni after 5 years. Plenty more time and money for brewing!
88079e33f037dc9781a1cbba5ecbc15e.jpg

W
View attachment 107893
To continue the spade theme.

Best thing about finally owning a house... pictures can be hung on the wall and plants can be put in the ground.

In the background is a kolsch which has been lagering for 4 months, body beautiful.

Hope you are planting some hops while you have the shovel out.

So from what you have stated in answer to my remark you are digging your holes with your glass!?
Ha ha ha:fallingoffchair:
Now you've got me thinking...It probably would have been quicker to use the spade. It just looked so new and shiny and I didn't want to get dirt on it.

W

Hope you are planting some hops while you have the shovel out.
Only just moved in... going to keep an eye on where the sun goes during the year and work out a suitable spot. I'm on the side of a hill with lots of trees so not too much sun gets through. Not even sure how successful they will be up here.

My bourbon oak chip mead. Not ages to where it needs to be yet but just wanted to try it. About 12.2%, nice slight bourbon flavour that has mellowed over the last 2-3 weeks. Slight carb feel on the tongue which I don't mind. It should clear nicely in the following weeks/months.

*edit. Jigsaw puzzle is a pic of my ute...

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503914596.510070.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoying a "Papa's Stout" while updating some models and writing a uni report. Keen for the end of the year so I'm finally free from uni after 5 years. Plenty more time and money for brewing!
88079e33f037dc9781a1cbba5ecbc15e.jpg
Looks good!
So this Papa's stout?
Is it your recipe?
Do you mind sharing?
Thanks,
Brock

Looks good!
So this Papa's stout?
Is it your recipe?
Do you mind sharing?
Thanks,
Brock

Hey mate,

This was my recipe I used. It's my recipe but named after my Papa who loved his stouts.

4.5kg Maris Otter
1kg Brown Malt
0.5kg Flaked Barley
0.5kg Rolled Oats
0.35kg Roasted Barley
0.15kg Choc Malt
0.10kg Carafa Spec III
30g Warrior at 60min
White labs - Melbourne Ale - WLP059

Uncarbed funky cider for white labs yesst as I haven't gotten to carbing it.

Tastes dry as expected, apple and very slight funky/Brett flavour to back of it. Noise wise you can smell the Brett a bit more but still pretty low key. No sour component to it.

Overall its nice cider. I think I made just short of 8% and there not a hint of alcohol or warmth that I can pick up. Retains a fair bit of apple flavour which is nice. Maybe the low fermentation rate lead to it retaining for apple smell?

Back