Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colab PAle Ale
Pils
Wheat
Caramunich
?
Magnum early
Galaxy flowers Ella pellets and Amarillo flowers late
mine got nelson sauvin and simcoe = 4and a bit g/l dry hopped
I'm loving Stone go to IPA at the moment and this beer is standing up for itself
it must be the extra love that makes a colab brew taste so good - wait, could it be the other brewers?

Dr Smurto's Golden Ale. (His favourite version with rye). Very smashable Ale!
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491641988.698701.jpg

These pictures are from last Saturday's brew day. The first pic is my XXXX rip off next to a glass of the real thing, mine's in the taller glass and looks a bit lighter in color to the original, but maybe it's just the glass. I'll have to do it again with two identical glasses. The flavors were pretty much the same though.

The second beer is an English ale that I brewed using some home made crystal malt made from Maris Otter base malt. It has cleared up a little more since then, but the flavor from the crystal is noticeable in this beer. Not overpowering, but noticeable. It reminds me of Caraaroma, just not quite as intense. It's quite an enjoyable beer and I will definitely be making more crystal malt at some stage.

The third is an APA brewed with Cascade, Citra and Simcoe hops. The cloudiness is from the yeast refusing to drop out, but it's only second generation and I've found with these liquid yeasts that they seem to flocculate much better from generation 3 onwards, although the XXXX was done with a first gen 2042 and it dropped like a stone. The flavor and aroma from the hopping schedule is very nice though, reminiscent of 4 Pines but not exactly the same. Hopefully it does clear up a bit more over the time it sits on tap, but it is a delicious beer in any case.
cus_cool.gif

IMG_1153.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

Really happy with this one with help from the head brewer of kick snare here in Tassie. My take on Smashit up xpa

Simple smash with galaxy post boil and then last 3 days of ferment pilsner as the malt.

Nice sessionable brew

snare.JPG

Got a mate coming over tomorrow to teach him how to brew. Plan on consuming most of, if not all of a 9L keg of mild served through the hand pump.

Quality testing tonight.

IMG_4242.JPG
Copper Mild
85% TF Maris Otter
10% Weyerman Caraaroma
5% Bairds Brown Malt (Cheers to Mardoo for that)

Fruity, easy drinking and refreshing. I fermented this with WLP022 Essex. Threw some at 11L of IPA that I haven't even bothered to dry hop Im that happy with it. Top cropped some to use in AJ's Oatmeal Stout.

This glass is empty off for some more testing.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1492082066.584348.jpg
Belgian Ale, with 10% oats and WLP-530.
Pretty damn tasty, if you don't mind, guv.

And shouting out a quick ***** You* to the short-sighted money-hungry douchebags in the AFL that decided to sell exclusive TV rights to FOXTEL.
Perfect night to watch a game.
Not televised on free-to-air.
Brilliant move dickheads.
(Copying this to the Rant thread)

I was also looking forward to the footy tonight with a few of the beers posted in my previous post and was much disappointed to see that it wasn't being televised. Fkn pricks. :angry2:

Robinsons Old Tom. Recipe is from CAMRA's Brew Your Own British Real Ale. Only departure was to leave out the 455 grams of white sugar (19litre batch). ABV 6.9% instead of 8.5% stated in the recipe.

I usually keg this but bottled the last one to take away to the recent Man From Snowy River Festival at Corryong Vic. Had a few bottles left coming home and after a days travel I opened one that had sat in a box in the back of the 4WD all day. So much better flavour than when taken straight from the fridge. I could actually taste port as suggested in the recipe notes. This seemed to be absent in the chilled version. I guess english room temp is the way to go for this one.

IMG_2469.JPG

technobabble66 said:
attachicon.gif

And shouting out a quick ***** You* to the short-sighted money-hungry douchebags in the AFL that decided to sell exclusive TV rights to FOXTEL.
Also for Telstra customers you can get the footy stream app and just cast it to your TV. Data is free too. All games.

technobabble66 said:
attachicon.gif

Simple ******* c*nts. Anyone that thinks cash is the beginning and the end should be recycled. Preferably through a pig's ass.

Got ya'! Here. AND there! Oh, and nice looking beer mate. Yums!

Westvleteren12 clone from the 2016 Vic Xmas case swap.
Only 10 days in the bottle [emoji15] but already very promising.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1492255833.422625.jpg
Eddie Betts in the background, so cheers to him for an unnecessarily tough week.
One red blood.

Back