Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
After Big G in his infinite wisdom has decided that I am not ready to fall off my perch just yet, and having nothing else available, decided to start drinking the RIS I brewed for my wake almost 3 years ago. After a hot and windy day in OP's gardens this has gone down a treat and I am about to crack another.

attachicon.gif
003.JPG
You know you're addicted to brewing..... when you brew the beer for your own wake! Bloody brilliant mate, two fingers up to the man, keep on brewing :)

Nearly finished making the kids sandpit, just finished mowing the lawn on a stinking afternoon. Full longneck of 15month old bottled Brett saison into a frozen litre stein.
Omfg wish my misses was that tart all tho my misses can be sour, wish I could marry this beer. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1483083849.332035.jpg

American wheat with Jarrylo hops mainly late. Clean malt and a nice hit of wheat, subtle fresh peach and apricots from the hops, which is nothing like I'd expect from a hop with flavours described as banana, grassy, pear, orange, spicy fruit. Nice, but not loving it. image.jpeg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1483086307.192079.jpg
Leffe Radieuse attempt I made for the case swap. First go with D2 candidate sugar and oh baby, dat candy. It's like a beer lollipop. A few more months in storage and I'm tipping this to be damn close. The Belgians know how to make a good beer.

was going to take a pic of a Saison that I've just kegged with Mango...but the mango in a stocking at the bottom of the keg had other ideas so...whilst the conundrum threw me, it didn't throw me far enough off track that a sample of something else could not be had - hehe

Sweet orange and pineapple APA - tastes nice in this old Duvel glass interestingly

adult photo sharing

Bribie G' Yorkshire bitter hop schedule with MO and Heritage crystal grain bill. I added 6gs of gypsum for a 2 cube batch. Not exactly sure why. It didnt work to well with the 1496. Too dry and not enough malt.

This one used 1968. Dam tastey. Ill do the same hops a bit later next time to see the difference but im pretty happy with it all the same.

1483508675686.jpg

1968 just worked well for me in a northern English brown. I also added gypsum....

And I'm about to put it in an English golden ale with First Gold...

i like 1968 in most things.works well in bitters as well

It can be a bit over the top malty sometimes. In this beer the gypsum took the malty edge off and made a well balanced beer imho. Ill give the 1496 another go though.

On the Can You Brew it pod cast the head brewer at Fullers (Simon Emeny?) says to use gypsum to Burtonise the water in a Pride clone. I found this out after I brewed this beer. :blink:

nosco said:
Bribie G' Yorkshire bitter hop schedule with MO and Heritage crystal grain bill. I added 6gs of gypsum for a 2 cube batch. Not exactly sure why. It didnt work to well with the 1496. Too dry and not enough malt.

This one used 1968. Dam tastey. Ill do the same hops a bit later next time to see the difference but im pretty happy with it all the same.
Does that mean Challenger @ 30 & Styrins @ FO nosco?

India Red Ale, all Aussie hops - Topaz, Vic Secret, Galaxy and Summer. The malt is working quite nicely but the hop bill needs a bit of tweaking, might drop the Summer for the next one.

IMG_20170107_141356 (1)_2.jpg

First try of my Riwaka Pale Ale after 6 days in the keg. 91% briess pale ale, 4.5% carapils and 4.5% Carared approx 32 ibu and 4.9%abv. Not bad at all though needs a little more carbonation lovely hop flavour though may be slightly grassy from dry hop being in to long.

551.jpeg

1st ever Saison, which has mango with wlp590 French Saison and some 648 Brett as a blend. Put 1kg of mango in the keg for a few days and that was plenty. Next one will be apricot.

Perfect day for such a beer

20mb image hosting

Northern english brown.
Challenger for bittering, First Gold late.
Most of the colour coming from shepards delight and some pale choc. Toasty, with dark fruity notes.... bloody brilliant.

1483852052602.jpg

Having a couple of glasses of my first full volume all grain batch. A smash pale ale with Gladfield American ale and Vic Secret fermented with us05. Pretty decent and certainly happy with the result.

IMG_20170108_162104.jpg

murpho said:
Having a couple of glasses of my first full volume all grain batch. A smash pale ale with Gladfield American ale and Vic Secret fermented with us05. Pretty decent and certainly happy with the result.
Looks and sounds like a good drop!

Latest posts

Back