Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest Pilsner, couple months in the keg. Super clean and crisp, needs more malt so will work on my mash schedule and/or decoct on the next batch! ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1481241868.976233.jpg

warra48 said:
attachicon.gif
AW.jpg

From the last bottle of this batch.

It's an American Wheat.

I know, I know, it's way too dark, but I used Dark Wheat and a touch of Chocolate Wheat. It's my beer, I invented the Dark American Wheat style, and I like it, so BJCP can shove the style guidelines. It's not a competition beer.
Choc wheat makes everything better ;)

Cream Ale.
An easy drinking ale when watching the cricket.
IMG_6384.JPG

83% BB Ale, 15% Flaked Corn, 2% Acidulated
Northern Brewer @ 60 + 20 mins for 20 IBU
Wyeast 2565 Kolsch yeast

Sent the wife off to watch Missy Higgins so got myself a quiet night in with these lovelies. Everyone is happy!

image.jpeg

El Dorado IPA

1481350418995.jpg

Not at all a single hop, but was meant to give a new hop the chance to shine. And shine it did.

Gladfields American Ale malt, rye, munich and Abbey to 1.062.

Columbus for a slightly bitey bittering, Chinook/El Dorado late and 120g of El Dorado in the cube for a decent 71 IBU. Simcoe/El Dorado dry hop and Columbus/El Dorado keg hop. All up around 360g hops used for a single batch.

Greenbelt took this tasty experiment down to 1.010 after only a few days.

Citrus and fruit on the nose and a big crisp orange/melon/fruity flavour. More, more, more please.

Been thinking about giving el dorado a try this week.

Hmmm, really should try it.

Jamil's Evil Twin recipe. This is a cracking beer. A tonne of late Citra & Columbus as well as dry hop.
Will definitely be making again!
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1481367683.847401.jpg

First weissbier since going ag, don't know why it took me so long. Enjoyed many of them on my travels to Germany. Making the Brisbane Roar game even more enjoyable.

1481440328339.jpg

My annual summer new world lager.

Very clean, 4.8% and 25ibu.

Eldorado and Mosaic

W34/70 pitched about 100billion yeast cells at 4c and let that free rise to ferment at 9c, took about 5days.

Lagered at 4c for 30days

WP_20161210_14_28_23_Pro.jpg

Thought I'd have a sneaky experimental test glass of my latest Bo pils tonight. The keg is not on tap yet so this was from a bottle of the surplus. It was bottled last Wednesday then spent two days in the brew fridge (lack of space elsewhere) at 0 degrees while I crash chilled the yeast starter for the currently fermenting batch. So it's only been up at carbonating temps since Friday arvo sometime. It "looked" carbonated due to condensation in the headspace of the bottle hence the experimental glass to see if it was.

It's already pretty much carbonated. Couldn't believe it really, usually they take at least a week, and that's without spending two days at 0 straight after bottling. Not as cloudy as it appears in this photo and it does need more time to condition properly but it did taste pretty good all the same.

IMG_1053.JPG

What yeast was that with rocker? Did you lager in bulk before bottling?

2001 Urquell lager yeast. I'm still re-using from a smack pack I bought in April last year as it is still producing excellent beers. I did cold crash the FV for about a week and a half before kegging and bottling it but that was all it got.

Back