Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gav80 said:
American wheat
American wheat here too.

50/50 BB Pale/BBWheat
Willamette and Centennial
WLP320

This time I can blame the photography on SWMBO.

20141216_204602.jpg

Bottled on 29/10/12 what I call a Guinness style stout- Coopers stout can, flaked barley, dark roasted malt, caramel malt, crystal malt, choc malt, brown sugar, lactose and golding kent hops. Absolutely delicious if I say so myself ( brag).image.jpg

Cheers

29z5r9y.jpg
2jtb0j.jpg

An Altbier. 50/50 BB ale / unmalted wheat
Pils Coriander & bitter peel
Munich 1& 2 Magnum and Styrian
Melanoidin WLP400 - Wit
Carafa 1
90 grams of spalt
50IBU.
WLP036

Tasty

Amarillo and Centennial (And a tad bit of Citra) APA. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. Could do with slightly higher bitterness but malt and hop flavour pretty great.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1418795125.988118.jpg

Session Ale.

4.3%

29ibu - late kettle additions of Centennial/Amarillo

Dry Hopped with 2g/L Citra.

WP_20141217_002.jpg

Berlinner weisse.

Could be more carbed for a month in the bottle, I carbed this high. Not super sour, more tangy and tart. Little pongy sock aroma. I like it but can't help but think it'll be better with more fizz. I carbed it higher than I normally would so not sure why the carb is average. I'll leave it another month and try again.

I can see why people brew this for summer, very light bodied and dry. With a little more sourness it would be even better. Next batch is sitting on some brett, so keen to try that. I have to drink more of what's in my champagne bottles over Christmas to empty some. Terrible problem :).

image.jpg

mje1980 said:
No pics but I'm drinking a pale mild. Just MO and flaked barley, with Irish ale yeast. Yummy maltiness with a smooth mouthfeel. Light fruitiness and a bright white head. Bit hazy but I think it's around 8 days from grain to brain so I'm ok with that. Planning the same grist but swapping the flaked barley for rolled oats ( same amount ).
Really enjoying this, and will brew again definately. The haze hasn't changed but it's no big deal ( for me ) and probably to be expected with over 10% flaked barley. Might do a protein rest and glyco protein rest next time. Very nice light fruit ester and a slight tang ( yeast maybe, or flaked barley ? ). Lacing is good, not exceptional, but good enough. Smoothness to the mouthfeel. Very easy to drink. Very easy to drink. Very easy to drink. It's also really easy to drink.

Need a few more kg's of flaked barley I think.

Julebryg. A Vienna Lager. Danish Christmas beer.

IJm6G8H.jpg

Qd5vLyk.jpg

Stunning. Rich and malty, slight hint of anise at the end.
Crystal clear.

indica86 said:
Julebryg. A Vienna Lager. Danish Christmas beer.

Stunning. Rich and malty, slight hint of anise at the end.
Crystal clear.
Looks good....and ******* enormous (on my monitor anyway).

Black IPA while waiting for tonight's storms to roll in.

Holy snapping grain mills this is a nice beer :beerbang:

DSCF3866.JPG

Cube Hop Red Ale

8HD_3683.jpg

It is 40 degrees in Perth today, with a nice fire going on the local hillside. Time for a beer. This is one of the hop cubing experimental batches - I know some guys have had success with this but I've not been super impressed with the results so far. I think there are a lot of variables around the kettle-to-cube dispensing temperature and the cooling rate of the cube, along with the specific volume and hop profile all together make it a bit hard to nail down as a process that works for everyone.

This beer was pretty rough in early days but has cleaned up pretty well, is close to bright, and easy drinking. There isn't a hell of a lot of hops on the nose though, as the american pale ale style goes this wouldn't win any awards in that department. And another brew next to it on the same process was pretty much the same deal, but with unbalanced bitterness that really let the beer down. So I guess it's back to using the chiller - as effective as it is in this weather.

Bellevue, in old timey Eastern suburbs. The saison any good?

Oh, there's a fire near me too. I'll have to wait til it's carbed and refrigerated to find out. Brew day was a series of cock ups that resulted in a severely altered recipe, but it's definitely beer

I brewed a blonde ale not long ago with just ding pils and Vienna ( 84.4% and 15.6% respectively ). 2 tett additions. 1.037 and 15 ibu's. I was going to use US05 but ended up using wlp 004 Irish ale and kept it around 16-18c.

It's bloody nice. This yeast is a cracker.

Thanks. This is just the nikon 28-300, the lens for the lazy man. That one was at f/11 even (I wanted the grass to be discernible). The bokeh is much nicer on the primes I find.

Double-berry Berliner Weisse, with thickest creamiest longest-lasting head of any beer I've made.
Totally delicious, but a pain to make.
Wonder if I can make a black one for winter?!

1419392966920.jpg

Back