Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG20180324171558.jpg

#46 Citra extra pale ale brewed from AllInn fwk. I transferred some into the bottle to experiment with the carbonation cap (could have done with a bit more) and fit the remaining into 19l keg with a hop ball containing 25g of Citra pellets to dry hop. Will remove the hop ball in a couple of days then I will probably ramp up the psi to complete carbonation.
I'm pretty pleased with this beer even without the dry hop. This beer is a bit thin in body but AllInn did intend for it to be a showcase for Citra hops

^ my mate made that same beer and a few others from the same brand. All tasted thin. Obviously from the dilution. We changed the last batch to 18lts only adding 3 to the fwk, turned out much better

From memory the recent cubes contraband IPA (white IPA) and bearded dragon (APA) had decent body. Contraband was on the thinner side but I found bearded dragon to be quite soupy. Body and mouth feel are what I really love in a beer. The impression that I have and as described on the cube was that this beer is intentionally light bodied to focus on Citra and I gotta say I like Citra. I have the keg carbing up at serving pressure right now but in a couple of days when I pull the hop bomb out of the keg I will speed things up so I can get a better impression :)

IMG20180330161342.jpg

Again with the Citra extra pale ale, tasting pretty good with the dry hop addition in the keg for 4 days. Tho I'm thinking about natural carbonation next time.

What is it?

2 kg - German - Floor-Malted Bohemian Pilsner (47.1%)
1 kg - German - Vienna (23.5%)
1 kg - German - Wheat Malt (23.5%)
250 g - German - Munich Light (5.9%)

HOPS:
8 g - Dr. Rudi, Type: Pellet, AA: 11, Use: Boil for 75 min, IBU: 13.25
16 g - Cluster, Type: Leaf/Whole, AA: 6.5, Use: Whirlpool for 5 min at 95 °C, IBU: 4.95
100 g - Chinook, Type: Fresh, AA: 13, Use: Whirlpool for 5 min at 95 °C, IBU: 10.32
125 g - Chinook, Type: Fresh, AA: 13, Use: Dry Hop for 3 days
125 g - Chinook (Wet Keg Hop), Type: Fresh, AA: 13, Use: Dry Hop for 0 days

Wyeast - Kölsch 2565

Becuase munich malt sux. Replace the lot with Vienna, keep the munich for english bitters or darker beers.

It's not because Munich sucks, it just reduces the drinkability. I notice that malt in the background instead of blending in with the Vienna.

Mangrove jacks Bavarian wheat beer kit yeast subbed with Safbrew WB06. 14 days cold conditioned and tasting pretty good.
IMG_20180505_154644.jpeg

Not French, German.

If You like one I could translate it.

Bruno
Austria

Back