Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell ya what pouring beers in this heat really sucks. The first one is all foam, the second one is half foam and the third one pours nicely.

Mine don't do that, worst case I get about a third of a glass of foam, but mostly about an inch which I let settle for a couple of minutes then top up. Or stick it in the fridge and pour another glass and drink the first bit afterwards.

Yeah I reckon you do mate, Been pouring beers from the long shank first go no worries....

Will you be there thursday?

Same base beer as my last pic I think - but this is a glass made up from the last 2 kegs. One had 100gms of Citra pellets (which tastes great to me) and the other keg had 100gms of Riwaka but of the flower variety. Never dry-hopped with flowers before, I think there'll be more to come for sure. It's weird tho, not sure if you'd call it grassy but there's some kind of earthyness about it (maybe it's dankness?) The next 4 keg split will be Riwaka in one, Citra in another, Mosaic and Chinook in each of the others.

The great thing is then I can blend from the tap and hopefully find a nice mix. This beer was 30%Riwaka cones and 70% Citra

Citra is sooo gooooood

Summer rye, no bittering hops just 75 gram of Motueka at flame out, closed fermentation at about 6 psi full hop flavour, not my go to beer but on these hot, humid Melbourne days, thirst quenching to say the least.
007.JPG

SMaSH beer which was made 1st Jan. Perfect!

Barret Burston Ale 4.5%
Cascade FWH, WP and Dry hopped 18ibu - no boil additions

English Ale 002 @ 19c under 8psi

No finings and its crystal clear (photo is condensation)

Took another photo to show the clarity

20180127_153620~2.jpg
1517028447088.jpeg

First glass out of the keg was bright clear. Not sure if the pressure plays a role with that

My Bo Pils has been in the keg for 3 weeks. Since its the only beer i have on tap atm it will have to lager while i drink it.
I had read that a little bit of melanoidan goes a long way. I thought 250g was a little bit. Ill try 100g next time. The brew day was a complete cock up. I ended up with 6.2kg of pils instead of 5ish. Even so the melanoidin is very noticeable. Ill try maybe 250g of munich and 100-50g of melanoidin next time. Maybe i should just brew a helles with saaz [emoji1]

The lack of lacing is a bit disappointing too
IMG_20180213_171920.jpg

#45 I'm sure nobody will judge me but this is made from homebrand homebrew draught. It was something that I never thought of. Simply the can + 1kg ldme + 120g maltodextrin +180g dextrose + 150g crushed Vienna malt + 20g of crystal malt. Its been in the keg for 12 days and is so cloudy (not that I mind a bit of haze) at a total cost of around $20 it actually turned out better than expected. Its not a fantastic beer but its a good beer. Seriously if this beer was next to a New or a VB ect I think I would choose this beer for the flavour.
IMG20180323170338.jpg

Back