Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dark Belgian Tripel
IMG_20171009_182912.jpg

I'm not having a beer, I'm having four. It's called a tasting and it's classy

KlDBp7J.jpg

Left to right, Brown Ale, Grapefruit Session IPA, Falconers Flight IPA, Case Swap RIS

This was an enjoyable way to spend a Saturday!

McGuinns Brown Ale recipe courtesy of Strathbogie Brewing co - if you're ever at one of the country markets they are at, make sure to try out the beers. Really nice range of different beers I don't normally drink. Also walking around with their beer is the only time I've actually enjoyed being dragged to a market... -.-

Last glass from the 1 hour micro-biab (Golden promise and Motueka Smash).

Motueka is quite subtle, nice colour from the GP. No clarifying agents so it's al-naturalll.
wp_ss_20171012_0002.png

Looks great!
Recipe, please?
Here you go - this isn't my recipe though it's one of Zainasheffs, so credit to him.

5.55 Kg MO
450g Munich
450g Light Xtal
227g Dk Xtal
227g Victory
85g Pale Choc

Mashed @ 67deg 1 hour

Recipe calls for 31g Horizon 13%AA @ 60m - I couldn't find this so used Magnum instead
28g each of US Cascade & Cent @ 10m
28g each of US Cascade & Cent @ 0m

My OG was 1066, can't remember FG (forgot to write it down) but came out at about 7%

Next time I do this I might reduce the Dk Xtal a little.

Belhaven 80 shillings photo.JPG

From a few weeks ago a Belhavens 80 Shillings for my Scottish mate , I thought it was a bit bland but has a nice malt balance now , my scottish mate love it and thought it was very close

Golden Galaxy wheat.JPG

Brewmans Golden Galaxy wheat beer , keg nearly gone will brew this again as a great summer ale . When I first kegged this I wasnt really impressed but let it age for a few weeks until a spot was ready, have to say Galaxy and Topaz is a great match together

PAle Ale ~ 5g/l Mosaic keg-hopped

I split this beer three ways and did Cascade, Amarillo and Mosaic in each keg @ 5g/l. My fav is the Mosaic.

Droid handed me a small keg of this on my way to Bega over the weekend (I believe the Amarillo dry hop).
Issues.... 6L keg wasn't anywhere near big enough!
6 non brewer standard mega swill drinkers smashed it, I only got one glass. Top brew mate:bigcheers:

PAle Ale ~ 5g/l Mosaic keg-hopped
I split this beer three ways and did Cascade, Amarillo and Mosaic in each keg @ 5g/l. My fav is the Mosaic.
looks the goods mate. so no other additions? just cube?

Recipe ??

Amt Name Type # %/IBU
2.76 kg Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC) Grain 1 54.6 %
1.97 kg Pilsner (Weyermann) (3.3 EBC) Grain 2 39.0 %
0.14 kg Caramunich I (Weyermann) (100.5 EBC) Grain 3 2.7 %
0.10 kg Acidulated (Weyermann) (3.5 EBC) Grain 4 2.0 %
0.05 kg Carafa Special I (Weyermann) (630.4 EBC) Grain 5 1.0 %
0.03 kg Chocolate Wheat (Weyermann) (817.5 EBC) Grain 6 0.7 %
25.00 g Northern Brewer [10.10 %] - Boil 60.0 mi Hop 7 30.5 IBUs
20.00 g Hallertauer Mittelfrueh [4.00 %] - Boil 20.0 mi Hop 8 6.4 IBUs
0.50 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 10.0 mins) Fining 9 -
1.0 pkg Kolsch Yeast (Wyeast Labs #2565) [124.21 Yeast 10 -

I usually use Wyeast 1007 but had the Kolsch yeast on hand.

Turned out just as good.

looks the goods mate. so no other additions? just cube?
This was keg hopped because I split it three ways
There was a lot of hops at 20 (from WP) and then a lot at 0 = 45ibu's in a 1044-1008 beer
Somewhere around 8g/l total but who's counting?

Droid handed me a small keg of this on my way to Bega over the weekend (I believe the Amarillo dry hop).
Issues.... 6L keg wasn't anywhere near big enough!
6 non brewer standard mega swill drinkers smashed it, I only got one glass. Top brew mate:bigcheers:
That's a bit f'd up...for you at least...note to self, if MJ is travelling through to a party and I owe him big time, make it a proper keg FFS

Back