Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hefeweizen, still needing more carbonation but tasting well good.

No biofine required

LRM_EXPORT_20170910_163036-767x1023.jpg

Forgot to put my last kegged beer up
I've called it Gypsey Ale
A nice citra and cascade pale ale , finding FWH just add a smoother bitterness that I like. My brewing is definately getting better
gypsy ale 1.JPG

Just tapped tonight my first ever schwarzbier lagered for about 4 weeks ..............and just wow hands down the best beer I have brewed . Even the wife loves this one she reckons some of my beers have tasted soapy so I will take a ph reading of a degassed sample out of interest . Super happy with this one . First beer using biofine , not that a dark lager probably needs it
Schwarzbier1.JPG

First beer all week. Sucks, but the kilos are coming off.

Anyway, the vic swap dog's breakfast brew has been in the keg for about a month. Much clearer and lost the melb bitter twang.

Much more like a UK bitter now, slight hint of fruity hop flavour.

Well done fellas.

be8bfcb92c72745c04700240dc52cc77.jpg

Was about to ask how you got that Melbourne Bitter twang in there (I've got some lagers coming up) but realised I was one of the said brewers and brewed using some of my kit. Will splash my controller with hot wort on the next attempt.

2017 Vic case-swap Stout
fermented on WLP 590 Saison and 3787 Trappist
then kegged with some clear candi syrup on WLP500 Monastry - this was excess after keg filling which was forced carbed in pet so no WLP500 or candi in this. It has a bit of an alcoholic harshness in the back end but is young and hopefully the real deal in the keg (with a PRV set to 12.5psi) will age nicely. Still an interesting dark beer with that Belgian flavour mixing with the roast

Little Harvest
60% Pearl, 30% Munich, 10% Rye.
Mashed High
1040 -->1008
3463 Forbidden Fruit

I may be consuming this keg litre for litre with water per day.

Attachments

• IMG_4741.JPG
    IMG_4741.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
Westy 12 clone from a previous case swap, still flat as a tack which is disappointing, unsure what is going on[emoji848]
IMG_1505646871.912059.jpg

Back