Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Festive Season haul.

And to all - a good night.

IMG_20121222_120428.jpg

IMG_20121222_120705.jpg

Little Creatures Puffing BIlly

Good Australian beers with smoked malt - 0 : Beers that taste so bad it is almost like a sensation pain - 1

Why do Australian breweries put smoked malt at levels where someone may be forgiven it was an infection rather than intentional? People who don't want a smoked beer equally don't want a beer that is a little bit smoked. Go hard or that's it, no other option. Just go hard.

There's a bitterness that doesn't seem to be IBU related and an alcohol flavour that has no heat. This beer is terrible.

Yeah, I know these are a bit long in the tooth now and I did get it at Woolies, but bloody hell.

Little Creatures Puffing BIlly

Good Australian beers with smoked malt - 0 : Beers that taste so bad it is almost like a sensation pain - 1

Why do Australian breweries put smoked malt at levels where someone may be forgiven it was an infection rather than intentional? People who don't want a smoked beer equally don't want a beer that is a little bit smoked. Go hard or that's it, no other option. Just go hard.

There's a bitterness that doesn't seem to be IBU related and an alcohol flavour that has no heat. This beer is terrible.

Yeah, I know these are a bit long in the tooth now and I did get it at Woolies, but bloody hell.

I reckon your talking out of your arse Bum.

Heres the second can of Ao oni IPA being disposed of in a responsible manner.
aooni1.JPG
Not quite the wow factor the first one had, but decent and a really nice fruity hop flavour profile. Might go back to Craft and get more (and the rest of the range).

I had a Puffing Billy the other day from a reputable bottle shop and while i thought it was quite tame, at the same time i found it to be clean in regards to any fermentation flaws, the malt character was enjoyable, enough bitterness to balance it.

The smoke was only like a whiff on the breeze, but i found the whole beer overall quite subtle and well balanced, a good INTRO into the style for NON BEER GEEKS.

BB 29/05/08

The things you find in peoples fridges....

Aroma = metallic / rusted mouse piss / cage

Taste= Yes i did actually taste this ! :icon_vomit:

Metallic , soapy and thin. It kinda has this engine degreaser smell in the taste but on a lower level.
:icon_vomit:

Top marks for clarity
DSCN0377.JPG

After an exhausting series of events with my sister's wedding, I managed to grab a 6 of big eye and a carton of tower 10 on my way to spend time with family. I'd prefer more variety and excitement, but a few years ago this would have simply been impossible.

Is the Rogue a 1L bottle? Have been looking for the Gunamatta without success, and had given up until I saw yours.

Rogue is a 2l growler. As far as i know, only available from Cellarbrations Carlisle and International Beer Shop in West Leederville. IBS in West Leederville has the grower $5 cheaper than Carlisle and its exchangeable for refills from their growler/squealer station.

Gunamatta came from Carlisle, IBS might have it, but I didnt look for it when there. One of the IBS guys can probabley chime in right about.......now

Rogue is a 2l growler. As far as i know, only available from Cellarbrations Carlisle and International Beer Shop in West Leederville. IBS in West Leederville has the grower $5 cheaper than Carlisle and its exchangeable for refills from their growler/squealer station.

Gunamatta came from Carlisle, IBS might have it, but I didnt look for it when there. One of the IBS guys can probabley chime in right about.......now

Celebrations Carlisle would have to have the largest range of Rogue beers I have seen (according to their website anyhow).

For those wondering, the Double Dead Guy Growler sells for $44.99, but is currently out of stock. I could not find the Gunnamatta, so maybe this has sold out as well.

Would also be interested in trying the "Criminally Bad Elf" - the accompanying story sounds good if that is any indication of the beer.

In Adelaide having a Coopers Celebration Ale
Bloody nice beer :icon_drool2:

DSC_0741.JPG

Mountain goat rare breed raphunzel.

Noice. They've got that funky aroma and taste nailed. The bitterness is not non-existent. Laces all the way to the top. Very good work mountain goat.

Back