Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was happy to pay $6 for my favorite beer in the world when imported beers are around that at dan murphys not delivered. I got them as low as $5 all depending on the exchange rate.

So, you just bought in on german ebay and got it sent here?. Is that legal? easy?. How many bottles in the crate?

Yeh after searching far and wide for years after attending Oktoberfest i bought it off ebay.de . Because even though you do an international search through ebay.com or .com.au it will not show up.
20 bottles in the crate, i have purchased it multiple times without an issue.
It was very easy !!!! :chug: I wouldn't think it was illegal? :ph34r:
Postage took 2-3weeks.
i beleive the guys username was american-supps or similar.

Now after just getting into home brewing, My goal is to create and brew something similar.

It's not illegal. You just have to mindful that if customs want to charge you the taxes, they can, which means it won't be as little as 6 bucks a bottle.

image.jpg
Happy Halloween mutha fakas ;-)

Hmmm loving these sideways iPhone upload pics ....

These are from a few days ago, Arrow Brewing Company from Arrowtown NZ. Great labels, don't need to wash the bastards off!
file-31.jpg

file-30.jpg

Today, two reds.
file-32.jpg

file-34.jpg

Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Imperial Red Ale. Not nearly hoppy enough, had plenty of malt backbone to support a big hop profile, leaves me wishing I'd got something else.

Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Imperial Red Ale. Not nearly hoppy enough, had plenty of malt backbone to support a big hop profile, leaves me wishing I'd got something else.

Not suprising, seriously overrated brewery IMO.

DSC_1829.JPG

First time I'm having this. Very enjoyable, glad I have a few more in storage.

Going to try the rodenbach next week.

Having the belle vue gueuze now. Pretty tame and too sweet by a long way, especially as last week was the cantillon rose de gambrinus. Somewhere in the middle would be an excelleny compromise for a more sessionable drink.

Having the belle vue gueuze now. Pretty tame and too sweet by a long way, especially as last week was the cantillon rose de gambrinus. Somewhere in the middle would be an excelleny compromise for a more sessionable drink.

And for my money, that would be Rodenbach. I wish I had one in front of me to post......Insert sad, thirsty emoticon.

Belle vue kriek is pretty awful for the same reasons.
Rodenbach grand cru is superb.

:icon_drool2: yes that Rodenbach Grand Cru is very bloody good ! I was surprised alot, as i didnt really expect anything that special from it , but fuk me, it is a top class , satisfying beer.
I quite liked the belle vue geueze .... though i am not very familiar with the funky bunch ,

satday_3.11.12_019.JPG

Frorestinne Ambrosia 7.5%

quite nice and refeshing even with the high alc, lovely colour , a nice fresh fruity ale going down a treat on a late spring satday while todays brew boils away :icon_cheers:

:icon_drool2: yes that Rodenbach Grand Cru is very bloody good ! I was surprised alot, as i didnt really expect anything that special from it , but fuk me, it is a top class , satisfying beer.

View attachment 58249

Frorestinne Ambrosia 7.5%

quite nice and refeshing even with the high alc, lovely colour , a nice fresh fruity ale going down a treat on a late spring satday while todays brew boils away :icon_cheers:
That, my friend, is a cool looking glass - beer looks more-ish as well.

thanks mate :) have to catch up with you soon to sample these pannepots ! next weekend ? :beer:

Grimbergen. Not as full on as a lot of belgians, but very nice. A session beer at 6.5%. Love to make something similar. Up next will be leffe radiuese, then a blue chimay.

Murrays Wild Thing - 330ml bottle.

Perfect day for it, a bit of a cold snap after some warmer weather!

I am pretty happy with my own RIS, but when ever i drink one of these it inspires me to do a better job next time.... :beerbang:

image201211030003.jpg

Back