Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a fantastic beer. This should set me straight.

109_1681.JPG

Arrived in Belgium last night - so we bee lined it to the kulminator in antwerpt.
Shared 4 bottles of:
St Sixtus Abdy Prior - Bottled 1988
Eylenbosch Cuve Speciale Kriek- 1987
Lindemans Gueuze - 1987
Dominus Triple Blonde - 2005

I think I have found heaven.
Would upload photos if I could from my iPhone.
Pics or it didn't happen... ;)

Is that a sarcastic wow or a real one?
Should i go back for more?
No, not sarcastic at all.

Torpedo for $45 a case is a steal. Even if it was a parallel import of inferior quality, IMO it's a good price. Also, at such a discount, it leads me to believe that they are getting rid of them because they aren't selling.

If you enjoyed it, go back and get em! :chug:

I am definitely enjoying, maybe it too much. A reminder why i brew low gravity beers.

Birthday drinks Saturday night, this just arrived at the local woolies...

Estrella_Damm_Inedit__42nd_Birthday.jpg
Not as good as I had hoped....a bit dissapointing really,

not my cup of tea, er, beer trying to be wine..

Arrived in Belgium last night - so we bee lined it to the kulminator in antwerpt.
Shared 4 bottles of:
St Sixtus Abdy Prior - Bottled 1988
Eylenbosch Cuve Speciale Kriek- 1987
Lindemans Gueuze - 1987
Dominus Triple Blonde - 2005

I think I have found heaven.
Would upload photos if I could from my iPhone.
My Favourite euro city!! jealous!

Z_porter.jpg

OMFG 9.5% ABV

Normally I would take my own pic but after only 5 of these I can't work the camera.

$20 a six pack from Dans.

this stuff is nectar of the goddess Diana

Oh why did Diana have to die? and leave Britneyh alone yo bastarsda

I remember reading that post Muggus, so that's what time I got to bed :eek:
No wonder I'm feeling somewhat dusty today. Hmmm. still one left in the fridge.

Hooking into a case of cascade first harvest 2012. Have to say, was expecting a bit more from this drop. Body is a little thin for special ale for my liking, hops are nice but very balanced with the malts so nothing is stepping up to make it sing. Maybe needs 6 months further ageing? They are using new hops (well at least to my palette) - campania, triabunna and ellendale. A bit like a cross between a steam beer and a mild sierra nevada. IMG_0173.jpg

I had a Brains SA today. Found it at my local who get new beers in from time to time and are usually reasonably stocked and well priced.

They mainly have Belgian beers, euro lagers and a few aussie micros, ciders and megas but today they had brains SA and fullers Golden pride.

The fullers I've had before but not often so I bought one, especially as I've been reading about Barley wine and working out a recipe for my own.

Lovely beer, big without seeming big until you stand up.

Brains - only really heard of them and mainly the mild so I bought two with excitement - such excitement that I ran out the door with both bottles and only realised in daylight that the bottles were clear. Not so good although most breweries that use clear bottles also use some kind of hop extract that has the UV sensitive element removed. Beer looked good but tasted oxidised and that UK 'dry mineral finish' when combined with oxidation, just tastes to me flat, salty and one dimensional. Fullers great, brains less so but I think it's the journey, more than the beer because it tastes like all the other disappointing UK ales I've tried*

All the other disappointing ones, not all the ones as there have been some fantastic ones.

Back