Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grabbed me a case of Lord Nelson Three Sheets Pale Ale.

$90.. f*ck me. Serves me right for supporting the local grocer, but I thought, I'll do 'em a solid. Also I couldn't be arsed driving out to another bottle shop and I had a party to get to.

The beer is crap. I assume it's due to poor storage conditions, maybe it's suffered the Canberra heat for a few days before being refrigerated. Diminished hop aroma, very little malt to speak of.. in fact I can't taste much at all except maybe a cardboard flavour, likened to oxidisation. Tried looking for a Customer Care section on their website since this is the first ever beer I'd ask a refund for.. but they don't have one. Looks like it'll be backup swill for when my less beer-appreciating mates drop around.

Tongerlo prior tripel - good, bready malt, supporting bitterness, hidden alc, good clarity. Loads of fruit, light spice. Good tripel. Head dissipates to nothing quickly but that is a minor criticism. Found for $15 a 4 pack at the discount joint at the front of my work. **** you minimium floor prices.

Also got my ibc delivery with a tripel, a red from de molen (rapidly becoming my favourite brewery), a duvel with citra, double wheat ipa, white wine saison (my mind goes both ways) and a christmas ale I’ve tried before and loved.

Grabbed me a case of Lord Nelson Three Sheets Pale Ale.

$90.. f*ck me. Serves me right for supporting the local grocer, but I thought, I'll do 'em a solid. Also I couldn't be arsed driving out to another bottle shop and I had a party to get to.

The beer is crap. I assume it's due to poor storage conditions, maybe it's suffered the Canberra heat for a few days before being refrigerated. Diminished hop aroma, very little malt to speak of.. in fact I can't taste much at all except maybe a cardboard flavour, likened to oxidisation. Tried looking for a Customer Care section on their website since this is the first ever beer I'd ask a refund for.. but they don't have one. Looks like it'll be backup swill for when my less beer-appreciating mates drop around.
Thats a damn shame... that beer is bloody delicious when you get a good one.

20171218_221449.jpg

Pint of london pride in front of a fire in a london pub.... hell yeah it tasted good [emoji108]

Not sure what went wrong here. Bro n law gave me a couple of these and apparently he had the same issue with his. All foam, and flavor profile like it had been stored in the reps boot for a month. Disappointing as rye and IPA are a few of my favorite things. Like raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
Dated the 19 / 9. If anybody from HopDog is lurking, I've got a close up of the barcode, if that helps.

20171208_201348_zpsbt27oeh1.jpg

day 20 advent -

nomad easy as IPA. had this beer a few times. I know allot of people like it. I can take or leave it. tastes "thin" to me for lack of a better word. still went down fine though

check out the poor pouring effort!!
my beer of the year - pretty much aiming straight at this recipe/style but closer to 4.4% than this @ 4.8% Sent off my last recipe to Stone for critique, hopefully get a message before Christmas Eve when I'll be having another crack at it. $95 for a ctn ... I bought (1ctn) out the shops supplies - sorry to whoever else buys it here!

day 21 Pikes Pilsener lager - liked this, super clear and fairly hoppy for a lager .

Oh hello
IMG_5277.jpg

Why look, there's a little bit of happiness at the bottom...
IMG_5278.jpg

Excellent beer. Very noticeable oaty & wheaty elements riding over the classic clove/white pepper Belgian aroma.Followed by that super yummy sweet-but-dry intense honey malt flavour.

Oh. Yeah.
IMG_5279.jpg

Lovely sweet floral nectarous candy/caramel aroma with maybe a slight spicy element underneath. Flavour pretty much the same. Again, sweet-but-dry, honey (pils) malt has a slightly more candy element to it, bitterness stands out a bit more than the TK.
******* tasty.

That manticle kid might be onto something...

Latest posts

Back