Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blooooody hell this is great

Attachments

• 1499338895215.jpg
    1499338895215.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 196
Part of my beer haul for the week. A few from Purvis, a mini keg and 2 stubbies from the Foreign Brewing company and my first growler[emoji18]

Nicest stout I've had in ages!.Heaps of coffee and chocolate. Really nice smooth hazelnut flavour.

Attachments

• 1500094232784.jpg
    1500094232784.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 140
Liffey water? Yep Purvis in Richmond. Is that French on the label which would indicate Africa? Edumacation.

Attachments

• 1500104237048.jpg
    1500104237048.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 112
1500104443243.jpg
Kaiju! Aftermath Double IPA. Still feel guilty about 'aquiring' this off husky at a recent swap and I must find a way to repay.
This is an intense beer. Juicy hop aroma that warns your pallate is about to cop a flogging. Full US flavours balanced between pine and citrus but tending towards a peel-like juiciness without seeming bitter. At 9.1% though there's clearly a lot there, but it's balanced. Balanced like a pallet of bricks either side of a seesaw. A very good rendition of an IPA, would absolutely buy as a treat every other weekend.

Went out for dinner tonight,Bulimba Gold Top pale ale on tap-very nice drop,just a good balance of malt and hops.Dont know if it is a recipe from past but I'll definitely buy it again.
IMG_0378.JPG

View attachment 106989
Kaiju! Aftermath Double IPA. Still feel guilty about 'aquiring' this off husky at a recent swap and I must find a way to repay.
This is an intense beer. Juicy hop aroma that warns your pallate is about to cop a flogging. Full US flavours balanced between pine and citrus but tending towards a peel-like juiciness without seeming bitter. At 9.1% though there's clearly a lot there, but it's balanced. Balanced like a pallet of bricks either side of a seesaw. A very good rendition of an IPA, would absolutely buy as a treat every other weekend.

Just got back from Carrara, soaked but stoked the Pies had a good win. Celebrating now with a Holgate Millennium Falcon DIPA and about to crack the Aftermath...

Sometimes life just doesn't seem that tough :D

Screenshot_20170715-215143.png

IMG_0314.JPG
In the UK at the moment and dropped into Camden Town Brewery. They brew mainly lagers which is unusual for a small brewery over here. Their unfiltered beers are very nice.

James Squire porter... is actually a bloody awesome beer. Fairly underwhelmed by the rest of their range, but this one stands out from the crowd.

Drinking it fresh in a squire branded pub probably helps too.

Attachments

• 1500459087565.jpg
    1500459087565.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 116
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1500702184.189340.jpg

Five Barrel Brewing and Illawarra Brewing Company collaboration Brew called "Local Lager". As an American Light Lager goes, this hits the style perfectly. Just a hint of bread dough on the nose and goes down easy. Nice way to spend the afternoon.

You need a Durry to go with that to balance it all out and a Mrs Macks sausage roll on the way home.
Had a few bets on the dishlickers before the strips.

I came good again. More often than not it's your mates that matter when having a beer - not the beer itself.

I'm dropping them off a few mini kegs of AIPAs next week.

Back