Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another amazing example of an American IPA

Solid pungent aroma, clean malt profile that is dry and perfect for drinking.

Knee Deep Brewing Co. Breaking Bud IPA 6.7% 50ibu

WP_20160403_008.jpg

I'll see your Marzen and raise you a Doppelbock.

There's so much sweetness in this beer (perhaps it's largely just perceived, due to the smoke), it would be undrinkable without that accompanying smokiness.
This and the Urbock are two of my all-time favourites.

image.jpg

Purvis, Surrey Hills. They usually have them in stock.

Pretty good value too, I reckon...the Urbock is $7 and the Eiche was maybe $9 ish.

SN Beer Club 2016 Tropical IPA now available at Beer Cartel so will probably hit Dan Murphys fairly soon if they made enough. 2015 Hoppy Lager was just fantastic they had it still listed on Dan's website but I tried but somehow the delivery option would not work..

Pratty1 said:
This brewery is kick arse for IPAs.

Massive distinct aroma, resinous flavour, smooth bitterness with very clean malt profile finishing dry.

The Americans have mastered this style, Aussie brewerys are not even close!

attachicon.gif
WP_20160402_010.jpg
That's not true,
what about Pirate life IIPA?

sinkas said:
That's not true,
what about Pirate life IIPA?
Or even Nomad Jet Lag IPA very much up there with a West Coast IPA.

Pretty good Belgian style white IPA. The El Dorado plays nicely with the Belgian yeast although I didn't really notice the coriander.

1460172334861.jpg

Went to a Mexican restaurant last night.....boom, day of the dead beers!!

And they are awesome.

WP_20160409_001.jpg

WP_20160409_002.jpg

Pratty1 said:
Went to a Mexican restaurant last night.....boom, day of the dead beers!!

And they are awesome.
I had the hop on or die one and totally agree. Super resinous goodness. Only ever seen it at one place, don't think it gets a very wide distro.

Dave70 said:
And?
Or is the fact you had a few self evident.
This is Enigma and a single base malt by Moo Brew. A very nice beer I enjoyed when our brew club was lucky enough to have a meeting at the brewery.

Pratty1 said:
Another amazing example of an American IPA

Solid pungent aroma, clean malt profile that is dry and perfect for drinking.

Knee Deep Brewing Co. Breaking Bud IPA 6.7% 50ibu
Good recommendation.

1460279661158.jpg

Boat Rocker, Alpha Queen at Taps bar, Mooloolaba.

Good beer, unusual bar concept. Self-serve taps or normal bar service. Self serve operates on an electronic bar tab thingo.
How popular are jeans shorts up here !! I'm not complaining, it's just the Mrs is getting wise.

image.jpg

Stout and Bitter at Wild Rocket Brewery, Montville.

Both served on nitro, both very nice, especially the fruity bitter. I had no idea this place existed, made a nice surprise.
Finished up at 10 Toes brewery. Pale, rye amber and the dark ale were all decent beers. And the brewer/owner, Rupert, took us for a walk round his rig...nice guy, too.

image.jpg

Bosco's Grapefruit and Cucumber IPA (could really taste the cucumber in this one)

Dainton Family Brewing Twisted Uncle IIPA (first beer in 9 weeks)

Both great beers

1460944740500.jpg

1460945704508.jpg

Back