Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmm one fine, fine drop, did not at attached taste like %8.7

The very meaning of a beer in harmony

DSC_0099.JPG

Love Renaissance beers - their Choc Porter is sensational

Hoppin Frog.JPG

Hoppin Frog - Doris the Destroyer Double Imperial Stout

Certainly destroyed me midway through the evening, woke up on the couch at 3 am :(

Bribie G said:
wow, what a great trip. How did you get on just wandering around the place? I'd love to go to Russia and Saratov on the Volga in particular.
Not too badly most of the time. Things are pretty rugged but I enjoy that.

I've did a blog here, but beware that it's a bit long; I did daily entries while (occasionally) enjoying a beer.

Bacchus lamington dark ale - great way to end a Sunday night. Cheers Ross for the great beer and I love the fact you can buy bottles now! Makes driving all the way to capalaba to craftbrewer all the more worth it.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413117084.399618.jpg

Yes, yes...y'all !

Top Saturday...BBQ and highly hopped, malty beers,

Cheers !

20141018_182329.jpg

1413622216141.jpg

Sharing a growler of Ekim and Newsteads 'Crash and Burn' with my dad. Everytime I come home I bring him a different beer to show him a range of styles. This one is meant to be an American Intepretation of a Dopplebock but to me seems more like a IBA or IBL (If IBL exists?) Either way, great beer and really enjoyed it. Bought it from craft (redhill), nice to have a shop so close to home that does growler refills. (No affliations etc.)

photo.JPG

Had fullers esb and orval tonight.

I have had fullers London pride before and enjoyed it, but the the esb was not quite my thing.

The orval however was asweome!!

At the moment, Lahproaig PX cask.

In the next moment, Laphroaig PX cask

Moments matter

I'll add a retrospective as well. Yesterday afternoon after a solid session on 'normal' IPAs I decided it would be a good idea to give this bad boy a try: slept all the way home in the car (in the backseat).

20141025_160119.jpg

Local Liquorstax is clearing out these 8% bad boys for $11 a four pack.

Most Euro tramp lagers taste like metho only dreams of, but this stuff is surprisingly smooth, fragrant and well balanced as well as somewhat intoxicating.

Buddy can you spare a dime.

hic.

bavaria blond.jpg

saison dupont, followed with a boatrocker tripel. Damn nice start to the night. Moving on to a boatrocker hop bomb IPA now. Good times.

After an afternoon on some imported hoegaarden from Costco.... Yum.

Now an amber from Hawthorn.
Love this beer.
Apologies for the photo of near finished beer, just so good.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415090982.235836.jpg

CF

Wei....an dunkel.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415432023.653484.jpg

Love the grainy character of this brewery's beers, hate trying to remember how pronounce or spell their name.
Background selection devoted to Nev.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415436250.998162.jpgFirestone Walker Wookey Jack. Far and away the best if the India Dark Ales I've had. A massive hop hit as soon as I opened the bottle, nice light body, soft and balanced roasted malts that waited till the hop had faded in the mouth and then came to the fore. A slow, rounded creeping bitterness that came after everything else went down.

This wasn't just a well balanced beer, it was well paced: hops, then clean light body, roast and malt, a touch of sweetness, then the swell of bitterness. A seriously impressively crafted beer. I want more.

Just drinking my own stephen but have the copycat to come
Nice drop from mash AIPA @ $20 bucks for 4 @ 6.8% I'll be doing these a bit I recon

Latest posts

Back