Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mardoo said:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1405051614.146787.jpg
Long lunch with a Two Birds Sunset Ale. Just a damn solid beer. Balanced, great with or without food, good body. I've bought it many times but only today came to the decision. Love it.
I'm also a big fan of it. Very malty, plenty of hop presence and still smashable. Ticks all the boxes

Was just out in healsville, droped by white rabbit and tried their "hop fridge". The guy said there was 27 different types of hops. It was not IBU high so must be all late additions. Nice drop.....

I picked this up from the brewery cellar door a few weeks ago while on holidays in Port Macquarie.

First up I have to say that I found their beers outstanding, when sampling at the cellar door (pilsner, pale ale, wit, porter).

Regarding the Xmas Ale, there is a hell of a lot going on with this beer - to the extent that my palate is not sure how good it is. But I think I like it.

At 11.3% ABV, you wouldn't want to drink it by the schooner :D

20140711_185652_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Bacchus Shirraz Barrel Aged RIS.

Cherry ripe in a glass !

Heaps of chocolate aroma, then slightly sour cherry/tannins followed by more bitter chocolate.

You'd never guess it was 10.7%. A pint definitely finished me off.

Also had a Holgate UXB Strong English Ale on beer engine before this.

An excellent beer as usual from Holgate. Lots of earthy hops and heaps of toffee, malty goodness.
And very smooth through the beer engine.

Both excellent beers. Can't recommend Alehouse Project in Brunswick highly enough, good work !

20140711_203427.jpg

20140711_203944.jpg

chilli beer.jpg

I'm a chilli person but BANG! This puppy has some bite straight up. I think it kicked more because I wasn't expecting it. Settled down after a few swills. Hard to pick anything but chilli but not in a bad way.

Just one of 12 beers I'm sampling from Dan's craft section. Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA. Why have I never gotten around to trying this before??? And I call myself a beer person....shame on me. My new favourite among other favourites.

IMAG0899.jpg
Damn straight!
Last night whilst watching the tour I enjoyed this.
Really low carb, amazing aroma and a sour, sweet, bitter, malty, raisony tanniny, whiney, stuffed if I know how to describe the flavours at work here but they were awesome. So much going on and all working well. Aftertaste that stays around for ages. I'd recommend any one to have a crack at one of these, no actually I recommend you buy a few for your average beer drinker who'd probably tell you they're awful and give them back! WIN!

"Death Between The Tanks" Double IPA from The Little Brewing Company (same folks that make Wicked Elf and Mad Abbott ranges), Port Macquarie.

7.8%ABV, 113 IBUs, 330ml.

Bottle says hops: Citra, Cascade, Galaxy, Chinook, Simcoe and Motueka.

Very good.

20140717_190852_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Tower of trashed tipsyness:

Local pub over ordered on the Stanleys and I picked up six for $30. Works out at 91 cents a bottle. :beerbang: :beerbang:

No beer at the moment as I have roped my serving kegmate into fermenting for the comps.

Tower of Piss.jpg

Jesus mate :0

Oud beersel kriek, having a break from dry July ( pre booked club thing tomorrow, getting my eye in :) ).

Whoa, she's sour alright!. Not as much cherry flavour or aroma as boon kriek ( which may get cracked tonight as well :) ), but a nice beer nonetheless. Dregs tipped into my brett c porter. Recycling at its beery finest :)

A couple of note worthy brew's from the weekend.

WET IPA.jpg

Awesome beer, great balance between hops and malt. Grape fruit and fresh hop's (CCC) find of the weekend.

SCULP.jpg

Similar to the deschutes but with a dry finish, not as much hop kick as I expected but really good all the same. Better than the Big Eye.

SAM.jpg

Another good IPA, good balance. First mouth full was a bit meh, but once you get into it it's a good brew.

NAIL & DFH.jpg

The dogfish I don't need to comment on (F'n love that beer). The nail, well keep it warm!! Malt, malt and more malt. Really good beer but very sweet, it's not a beer to have when you've had a few. Would be great if you just want the one beer on a cold winter's night. It's a sipper.

BTW thanks to the guy's Acland Cellars for the advice. I need a joint like that in my home town.

Cheers Jefin

Nice Pics Jefin. Love me some Sculpin (moreso fresh but still ok in bottles)

Went down to hickinbotham on the mornington peninsula today which is the home of hix beer.

Pretty solid tasting paddle for $15 (5 x 150ml beers), we bought 2 and tried the 8 beers and 1 cider on tap and I can honestly say that I enjoyed all of them. Scotch ale on a beer engine also :)

I bought a stubble of their English barley wine to take home so I'll try that sometime soon. Hadn't heard of these guys before but if you down that way I'd reccomendation having a look. Wine available also so everyone's happy.

http://www.hickinbotham.biz/

Rodenbach grand cru. Love this beer. How do you describe the intense flavours?. Boon kriek is my all time fave but this would be second fave sour beer

IMAG0908.jpg
Four great beers. The feral hopfen fahrt a german IPA was damn good too, they used some hops I'd never heard of but ended up with a noble hops sort of slanted IPA, not overly dank or citrus but super good. Hops listed as Polaris, Mandarina, Saphir and Herkules hops from Germany.

picked up some IPA from Warners Bay yesterday and they now have Stone Brewing beers available.

For a run of the mill IPA, this beer is well made.

Magnum for bittering and Centennial/Chinook for flavour and aroma and at 6.9% abv its a deliscious beer.

WP_20140731_002.jpg

Happy international beer day to all.ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1406871484.527803.jpg

I didn't go all out, but I have Aus, the US and Belgium covered.

Cheers.

CF

Latest posts

Back