Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pratty1 said:
If you love IPA - the Hoptimum from SN - for me WOW!!! best beer SN make, hands down.

Can you share what the stone beers cost? the Arrogant ******* and the 6xer of ruination??
Jump on www.beercartel.com.au for pricing, they are comparable to other imports. Cheers.

Had a Hightail with burger last night, followed by a Superconductor and a Northern Harvest Ale. Yum.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1391147522.033217.jpg

This is a cracking beer - junipers give a great crisp note to balance a solid malt profile & @ 5.2% easily go a few more

Your post made me want one, but I have plenty of beer, so couldn't justify. Five minutes later, my gf comes home with a sixer of Big Eye. Power of the mind I tell ya.

I just looked in my recycling bin, no wonder I'm broke.

Nice one. Like I said I haven't had a bad one yet. My favourite beer in a pinch. Easily my first choice from dans. Just haven't seen that label in months.

Went to my uncles bottle shop this arvo and must say was impressed at his offerings !!!
Must admit , haven't visited for a while but fuk me , looks like he is trying to get a slice of the real craft market . Was going to buy a carton of punk IPA which he don't stock any more ? So just got these View attachment 68395View attachment 68396View attachment 68397
Yey woolworths

Italian saison , Japanese iipa , USA black IPA . I picked the eyes out of the offerings but there was more quality for the picking .

Northside quick question, where are you getting the Cantillon in Bris?

MashPaddler said:
Splurged at beer cartel - they have Stone beers! Going to try and pace myself and just taste one bottle a night, with a fresh batch of English Strong Ale on tap it should (in theory) be doable.
Whoa dude! Looking atthat photo makes me feel like I already had a few! :blink:

I had the Arrogant ******* last weekend and was blown away. Such an amazing beer that lived up to all my dreams since the day I read about it 10 years ago. I also bought the Oak aged version which i think I might just try tonight.... :icon_drool2:

I also had the Dogfish head 90 minute IPA this week and it was a real let down. lots of sweet malt but hops were just not what I expected. Maybe it just didn't travel well...

Cheers - Snow.

Blitzer said:
Northside quick question, where are you getting the Cantillon in Bris?
Free delivery from the Belgianshop online ;)

I just tried Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA for the first time... oh jebus. Quite safe to say I've found a new favourite and the 6-pack was a good bloody purchase. Can't believe I've not tried it before (not easy back home) so I'll be attacking their range over the next few visits to Mr Murphy's. :)

20140201_211908.jpg

This is apparently a Rye-significant R-IPA. I got some rye, but not as much as I thought. Certainly, I've used it as a spec malt, and in a Rye/Wheat/2row beer, and got way more, and that was 20% or so.

Using any significant portion of Rye, deserves an award. We all know what can happen.

Good, solid, aromatic IPA otherwise. Very balanced between the malt (Which is still there) and the hops, which are aromatic, tasty and not overly bitter to dominate the malt. At around 7.6% IIRC (I chucked it last night), very balanced and doesn't have any warming or anything to indicate it's that high in abv%

20140201_224701.jpg

This is an "old school" American IPA, before anyone was making them by the bucketload. More bitter, more aroma on the nose, but none of the later kettle hopping and fruitsalad that comes with it.

Boy, it is bitter. I've had and made beers with higher IBU, but not perceivable like this. This really is the 'old school' - a really strong early bittering addition and some dry hopping.

I liked it, but the body was thin, and I reckon it just put it out of balance, even for an IPA lover like me. A bit more malt backbone to balance it up, or some later additions to do what its aroma promises.

Stopped in at Archive this afternoon and grabbed a couple including this one.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1391323003.398322.jpg

Back