Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
From that tv show some watched vs the Belgians !
Very nice stout , strong and smooth but you can not compare to a abbey brew , stupid tv .

image.jpg
It's all in the moment , the half or two ...image.jpg

Note special , just a haul from the shelves while grocery shopping !

There are those that like beer.

And there are ***** like NN.

Anyway

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1386746424.960988.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
West stockworth , the white hart . 2000 ltr brewery , fresh as , only use Nottingham dry yeast . Bloody nice pint :)

Double jack was lovely, good balance given the high alcohol

Suffolk Ale - delicious, brown sugar treacle sugar flavoured malts, must.. get... more

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1386836616.999775.jpg

Pours a tight head, goes down slowly. Can feel the resins coating the back of my throat and roof of my mouth. Pours bright. Not very fruity, more straight up bitter but malty too. Like. Not sure if be a repeat offender though, nothing comforting in this. Prefer the northern hemisphere harvest.

Is there an idea of freshness PF? Perhaps they use the retarded ridiculous Julian calendar system.

Just because I disagree with your assessment of the beer.

Can't decipher. Neck says 3101207:16

I had let the beer warm to what felt like 10-12 degrees in the bottle. Took me a while to down it too, got piney towards the end.

practicalfool said:
Can't decipher. Neck says 3101207:16 I had let the beer warm to what felt like 10-12 degrees in the bottle. Took me a while to down it too, got piney towards the end.
I really didn't enjoy that beer when I tried it, maybe a bad bottle but to me is was just a bitter mess, almost undrinkable.

im drinking my way through a 6 pack of James Squire Porter while i wait for my true love to cool down in the fridge that being Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA :) :chug: :beerbang:

just had my first landlord, and now i know what the fuss is about. as has been done by folk a thousand times before, hereth begins my clone attempt journey...

20131213_234024.jpg

practicalfool said:
Can't decipher. Neck says 3101207:16 I had let the beer warm to what felt like 10-12 degrees in the bottle. Took me a while to down it too, got piney towards the end.
It is a lot of flavour for cellar temp, but I could seriously smash pints of it until I inevitably succumb to the power of the grog.
Don't give up on it. See if you can keep a finger on the pulse for a fresh shipment. I always have an active dialogue with my local store for time out from delivery and when the things landed. Luckily for me, a lot comes in to Aus close by, so I try to make hay while the beer still shines.

Yeah, my experience of Hoptimum didn't like up with yours either, PK. Sounds like your guy might have been pretty old. Try it again if you find some fresh ones. It is pretty nice if you like that sort of thing.

image.jpgimage.jpg
A few Xmas ales and a sneaky Belgian and a sign of the times over here these days , so many golden hoppy ales

I had always read about Racer 5 IPA, after been in Europe for 4 months I didn't ever expect to run into it. Was at the Well & Bucket (for anyone who may know it) and upon having a few pints couldn't believe my eyes after seeing it on the menu, even the ratings on rate beer aren't exaggerated, it really is that good. Ill post a full thread when I get home.

racer.jpg

Back