Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 5.
IMG_0912.jpg

Not usually a Lager drinker but this is quite good/nice.
4.2% alc/vol
A close 3 points, be better on a hot day, dry finish so it’d be popular on that hot day as you’d be wanting another then, oops I’m pissed.

day 5 of crafty brew calendar

fortitude valley pacer 2.8 - ok so was a good light beer. probably the best sub 3% beer I have ever tried.actually tasted somewhat like a decent beer . some decent hop presence and a little backbone rather than tasting like watered down shit beer . but I take exception with a light beer in an advent calendar. thinking of emailing them customer feedback on it

Day 6.[
ATTACH=full]110255[/ATTACH]
4.2% , 45 obj.
Centennial, Amarillo, Mosaic and Chinook wow what a combination.
This is fargin noice.

Attachments

• IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
my day 6

Hack brewing Golden ale - when I see the words golden ale in general I have a pretty meh reaction .I find them too sweet generally . I really dislike the squires one . this one isn't too bad . actually skulled it out of the bottle when I got home from work so didn't savour it too much. but it went down pretty well

Last edited:
Day 6.[
ATTACH=full]110255[/ATTACH]
4.2% , 45 obj.
Centennial, Amarillo, Mosaic and Chinook wow what a combination.
This is fargin noice.

I’ve had that on tap at the brewery previously and was impressed. Lots of flavour for a “session IPA”

Day 7.
Sample Brew Pale Ale , 4.7%, 35 Ibu. ( spell check wanted to call it 35 Ibuprofens).
Another nice beer. 2.5-3.0/5.0
No label? I had to contact Boozebud to get the name of the beer , I didn’t have a clue as the cap is unmarked as well.
I get a dryish finish taste with both soft fruit taste and aroma.
IMG_0930.jpg

There’re a lot worse ways to spend an afternoon than playing catch-up with your Beer Advent Calendar especially when you can wash them all down with a pint of (#7) Torpedo, had a big smile this morning.

#4 Tuatara MOT Eureka Pilsner
Very light colour good carbonation pleasant aroma nice hop taste - not a big fan, prefer a Kozel if I have to drink Pilsner, good beer & well made but…

#5 Brewdog 5AM Saint (American)
Expected A Lot great colour, pleasant aroma but tasted watery no depth! very disappointing :-{ I guess at 5am you’ll drink anything…$$$! ka-ching.

#6 Young Henrys Natural Lager ‘Serve The People’
I thought this was a strange thing to write on the label but after drinking it I realise there wasn't much else to say!! (boring as bat $hit)

#7 Sierra Nevada Torpedo….
Sits Proudly above the crowed - My nye beer, no one can start the case till the bbq’s over and cleaned up then lets drink till sunrise…Brilliant Beer imho

IMG_1951.JPG IMG_1953.JPG IMG_1955.JPG IMG_1957.JPG

@scomet was that the Beer Cartel advent calendar? I recognise all of them except the Young Henrys.

(yes I realise I drank my whole beer advent calendar in November, what of it!)

@scomet was that the Beer Cartel advent calendar? I recognise all of them except the Young Henrys.

(yes I realise I drank my whole beer advent calendar in November, what of it!)

rotflmfao Yes it is; you could have drunk the young henrys and not even noticed, no loss at all the blurb on the back gets worse!! a very forgettable beer. Impressed with the Advent Calendar choice off beers but.

rotflmfao Yes it is; you could have drunk the young henrys and not even noticed, no loss at all the blurb on the back gets worse!! a very forgettable beer. Impressed with the Advent Calendar choice off beers but.
Yeah overall it was a great selection

My day 7

hop nation- The heart Pale ale . enjoyed this . haven't tried their beers before but this has piqued my interest to try some of their stronger offerings . for a 4.6% pale ale this had nice citrus hop character and was really drinkable. could do a 6 pack no worries

My day 7

hop nation- The heart Pale ale . enjoyed this . haven't tried their beers before but this has piqued my interest to try some of their stronger offerings . for a 4.6% pale ale this had nice citrus hop character and was really drinkable. could do a 6 pack no worries
Love their beers. Try the Jedi Juice NEIPA. Delicious[emoji482]

Day 8.
Getting this Advent ( pisshead) Calendar makes me feel like a dog with 2 dicks, I don’t know which one to lick first!
Today is.
IMG_0936.jpg

Nice, oh so nice aroma and taste with a nice lacing of head...ah hum.
5.3% alc/vol.
Admittedly I have a soft spot for Bridge Road as it’s the first ever “microbrewery “I had the experience of visiting, back in its original location, and it really opened both my eyes and imagination to beer& styles. So yep it’s a sentimental favourite that does not disappoint.
Rave rave......
For me personally ( not being a beer judges arsehole).
4-4.5+.
Fairy agrees although the little fucker is underaged.

IMG_1512734268.368902.jpg

Savouring this one, if only I could replicate this with my brews from a glass.

Started to snow so I opened the snow pack..... Unfortunately I cracked my Sierra Nevada glass while washing it, the glass is very thin.
15e1fb67dbfde82a9f192a5093136afc.0.jpg

Edit: The spices are very mild in the Wintertide Ale.

Last edited:
Day 8 and its - Another Belgian, Oh well you don't get to choose your in-laws, their pets or the beers in your Advent Calendar!! Not wanting to appear a total f*-woos-head and miss the opportunity of a ‘learning experience’ here we go…

Tripel Karmeliet - Beire 3 grains blablabla siècle de l’anciencloitr, I think that means fermented out of the abbots old underpants.

Without even reading the label the first thing that hits you is the Alcohol, oh its 8.4% then the taste! the reinheitsgebot was written for a reason which I believe was to keep the Belgies and their fermented farmyards (and underpants) out of the Motherland - Should have just pushed it off the balcony when I had the chance :-{ (you may have gathered by now I don't much like Belgian beers) Roll on day 9.

ps thanks for the education….:-}

IMG_1965.JPG

Day 9 of the Beer Cartel Advent Calendar and we have a Milk Stout, to me ‘Milk Stout’ conjures up images of old ladies with hair nets drinking in the snug at the Rovers Return aka Ena Sharples, see photo, yes it is B&W TV yes I must be old!

Exit Milk Stout brewed by Exit Brewing Dandenong Vic. Poured into the glass like liquid velvet, initial massive coffee aroma, tasted; I wrote, beautifully dark smooth long taste and then, sadly, it was gone! to do it real justice it needed pairing with lamb shank and mash au jus, a beautiful very well made beer. As Ena would say “Al av another thx”

Ena Sharples.jpg
IMG_1968.JPG

Back