Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned up the back yard, better have a beer.

IMG_20171008_150826.jpg

Not too much of the barrel coming through, but plenty of saison tarty funky goodness. Hazy as ****... Damn cans, cute pic, but can't tell how much crud is on the bottom, and if it's being disturbed by the pour.

Attachments

• IMG_20171008_151923.jpg
    IMG_20171008_151923.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 55
A little late, but I had a Theakston's Old Peculier ON TAP(!) at the Northern Git in thornbury on Sunday.
An awesome dark ale, and reminded me why I've tried to clone this fecker a few times.
Much, much better than out of the bottle at Dan murphy's - all the proper depth and flavours are there! "Typical" dark ale - (light) maltiness with a slight roast element, but the caramel and cherry-fruitiness that pops out is fantastic. Makes me wonder if maybe 1469 is the better yeast for a clone of this. A great beer. Need to do another clone one day soon...

IMG_5002.jpg

(Pic is more for a record of the colour, rather than droid style points).

My local guy had a quartet of Hobos in his fridge. Never had much luck with anything described as 'session', and even less so with 3.5% IPA's..
So that left the APA and PA. So I started with the most basic.
Tasted like it began life as a half decent beer before the dealer cut it by a third with mineral water. 4.2%, balanced, and with a slight citrus waft. For the same coin you could get a slab of far more satisfying LCPA.

20171015_142822_zpsmgubefwz.jpg

Not a sour but it tastes like " if its infected just call it a sour". Not totally sour but a noticeable tart/sour finish. Im not into sours unfortunately and unfortunately i have made this beer. By accident.
20171018_184448.jpg

IMG_20171019_194249.jpg

Wayward Brewing Co. Sour Puss. I got this as part of a Good Beer Week collection. Raspberry sour definitely smells like raspberries. Tastes like it's got raspberries in it too. Minimal barnyard but plenty of tartness. A little too much hop presence for the style, it tastes like there was late cluster added or something. I'm left wishing the craft market would get over the whole sour thing.

20171019_190435.jpg

I've never heard of 'real ale before but translating the German came back with 'Belgian strong golden beer'.

Off to echuca for our wedding anniversary tonight so keen to pop into bandicoot brewery. Haven't been before

Loving this Pils. Great use of Nelson hops, haven’t had a beer with Nelson out of NZ that was bad, not sure why the hop gets such a bad wrap!
IMG_1508490164.279249.jpg

BentSpoke Brewing Sprocket. Hard to tell it's a 7% beer. Very well balanced.
IMG_6631.jpg

Back