Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 107851 Doctor's Orders - Malpractice. 5%.
An India Stout/Hoppy Stout. Not enjoying it. They appear to be very experimental this mob, but I get the impression that they just f#%ked up, put in the wrong hops and far too much of them, and thought they'd just run with it. I place my glass sideways on the bar after this, not a repeat buy.

Bad luck.
Dane (Doctors Orders) used to run this site.
Things have changed.

Batz

889b22783cf57e426ac6ef5bb3d2e4a3.jpg

Got my Bribie on today with a $10 glasses pack and a 6 pack of Flensburger Pilsener at Aldi. Not an outstanding Pils, a bit more bitter with more earthiness than typical brews. Ok drop probably on par with a $15 asking price. I like the swingtop bottles though

Bad luck.
Dane (Doctors Orders) used to run this site.
Things have changed.

Batz
Dunno about bad luck as such, but a very random buy that I wouldn't usually do.
Yep, someone mentioned about his site involvement to me already, and I've seen some of his discussions in posts when I've looked up searches of older threads. Certainly no disrespect intended, and I appreciate the level of experimental ethos he's running with, but geez that was a shit drink.
I expect the same level of honesty for my own.

The girls behind the bar at Pink Alley, Collins Quarter (Melb) thought it strange that someone would take a pic of a beer bottle...
IMG_20170913_175748.jpg

An excellent beer. My favourite of the 4 Silk Roads ive had. I guess its a dessert beer. I had to Google Cascara so i can't say what it tastes like but the cinnamon is definitely there. Cinnamon is something i might try in a brew someday. Tastey!

The girls behind the bar at Pink Alley, Collins Quarter (Melb) thought it strange that someone would take a pic of a beer bottle...

No ESB on handpump?

A couple here, cracking sour/sweet thingy going on, this has been sitting in aging shelf for a while now.

IMG_0950.JPG

20170922_195551.jpg

Mr banks oatmeal, don't mind it but not knocking my socks off.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Capital Brewing Co, Canberra. It's nice to go away and be able to buy a decent beer in a place like Bermagui. We love Bermi' !
Very nicely balanced beers, I think my question to the head brewer would be what is his/her opinion on balance.

1506332715389.jpeg

When in Rome, do as the Roman's do.
Been many a year since I've had a XXXX Bitter, unashamedly my choice of macro lager. I'm a little dissapointed to see it's been watered down to 4.4% but it's still a moderately bold no-nonsense Aussie lager that could be downed all night.

IMG_20170930_183007.jpg

And a complete change, Balter's Black Metal Disco. A classic stout coming in at 5.4%. Tending more towards chocolate with moderate roast, it ticks all the boxes but doesn't nail any. It's hard to explain... I'm thinking US hops were used but with an English base or yeast, or maybe lots of crystal. Not bad, wouldn't go out of my way to demand they make it a regular brew.

IMG_7087.jpg
IMG_7086.jpg

This one is a ripper! Really nice sweetness balanced this out as a very smashable beer. As clean as a lager should be too!

Back