Whats In The Glass (Commercial) – Grafton NSW and surrounds

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
[SIZE=medium]After constantly drooling over beers that are not available locally in the main 'Whats In The Glass (Commercial)' thread, I thought perhaps it would be beneficial to have one posted by those in the local area.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]There are some surprise finds in the local chain stores from time to time, as well as beers on tap that pop up at local bars such as Roches, The Crown, & 'Mothers Milk', and specialty bottle shops such as the one at Coffs Jetty, and Palmers Island. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]'Finds' should be sourced in the local area (the exception being ‘out of the area’ finds that you are prepared to share with others!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Suggested format for when you have consumed the beer:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]A Description (including your thoughts on the brew), A Self Taken Photo, Place Of Purchase, Indication Of Price.... and perhaps the offer to share a glass should there be any remaining :)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Suggested format before you have consumed the beer (as a heads up) could just include a Photo, Place Of Purchase, and Price. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Happy beer hunting.....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]in the local area "as In".i thought most of us stated where we purchased the beer from[/SIZE]

Posted in the right area, but it still is visible to all users. Will get the title updated to indicate Grafton and surrounds.

I'll be at Roches next Friday Night ( tomorrow week) so they'd better have something drinkable on tap. :)
Every Aldi I've checked out so far is fairly flush with Oktobergoodies at the moment, how did Grafton fare?

I picked up a slab of Hofbrau hell and a keg of paulaner hell yesterday in Newcastle.

Hmmm no photo's, but I quite often visit the Jetty bottleshop on a friday afternoon for a little something tasty as I work near there.

Perhaps the most intriguing beer I have had is the New England Brewery Farmhouse Saison.

Bout 10 bucks for a 700?ml, couldn't get a photo as I had it in one hand and the steering wheel in the other, and also had to change gears.

Quite a dry beer, almost sour to my taste, very interesting and different to my brews which are generally along the lines of sweetish IPA's, Golden and Amber Ales.

'They also carry Lord Nelson beers which are always good, and a substantial range of other stuff.

Will save the more interesting ones for a photo op in the future eh.

Beautiful house coffee stout at the winston, served so cold it gives me an icecream headache.

Back