What's good to watch on netflix?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vikings, suits, Outlander, longmire, brooklyn nine nine, shooter, Narcos, The killing, Rake

Just had a look at the first episode of roadkill. Looks good.

oh yeah 30th of Jul. hell, thanks for the heads up Tiny Rick.
I keep harping on about the expanse, its only got one season but worth a watch, i enjoyed. its based on books, i am halfway through the 4th.
plot twist, it is written by the game of thrones author's assistant(s) or something so expect something a bit epic.

Ozark is Netflix's latest dramatic series, should be on all Netflix global local sites. Pretty good. Jason Bateman, Laura Linney.

+1 for Rick & Morty. Pickle Rick!

Master of None is great. Takes a couple of episodes to get into though.

The Handmaids Tale on SBS is a good one too.

Peaky Blinders, and there's an American craft beer doco that I've mentioned before, think it's called Craft Nation or Crafting a Nation, something like that.

Is this on the AUS netflix or american? They don't share the vids and such..

The Marvel ones, Dare Devil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and The Defenders

Designated Survivor, House of Cards, Santa Clarita Diet, Ozark, Narcos & El Chapo if you like reading subs, Marco Polo, Last Kingdom, 13 reason why, Bloodline, Making a Murder, The Killing

F is for Family, BoJack Horseman, Rick & Morty, Bobs Burgers

I can't remember the rest

Last edited:
Some that haven't been mentioned

USA Shameless
Atypical
Kill joy
13 reasons why

Just had a look at the first episode of roadkill. Looks good.

If you cast direct from YT, the Motor Trend channel has got even more entertaining stuff. Hot Rod Garage, Dirt Every Day and Roadkill have become viewing staples at my place.
For me anyway. At least until season 5 if Vikings tees off.

Some that haven't been mentioned

USA Shameless
USA Shameless
I loved that show! Frank has to be the biggest asshole God has put on this earth but I loved it!!!

Just found one last night called "Brojects". A couple of Canadian brothers building shitty projects at their lakeside cabin once a month. Actually not too bad.

oh yeah 30th of Jul. hell, thanks for the heads up Tiny Rick.
I keep harping on about the expanse, its only got one season but worth a watch, i enjoyed. its based on books, i am halfway through the 4th.
plot twist, it is written by the game of thrones author's assistant(s) or something so expect something a bit epic.

Just finished watching season 2 of the The Expanse, also watching Killjoy's and Dark Matter although i DL them now.

My phone just told me American Sniper now available. Cool.

Everyday Miracles, hosted by an actual materials scientist, is another tribute to the awesomeness of human ingenuity.

So I'm not a big fan of zombie movies other than for a laugh. I think that is the point of most zombie movies but rarely can get into it. World War Z was the best I'd rate.
But, I cant pass up an Aussie Zombie movie yeah?. an itwas farkin pretty good too!

Watch Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead. :cool:

Just watched couple of documentaries and a movie.

Movie was The Ridiculous Six. Adam Sandler's in it, along with Rob Schneider, Nick Nolte, Hervey Keitel etc. I've never really taken Sandler or Schneider before, but this movie was pretty good.

If you read the online reviews, it cops an absolute caning. 1 star and worst movie ever made kind of stuff, but I watched it before reading any of them and I've seen far worse movies.

It's a comedy western and it's pretty ******* mental at times, with some good laughs along the way.
Some stuff was genuinely hilarious. Like when Hervey Keitel gets accidentally beheaded by Schneider with a shovel and he keeps shooting uncontrollably, he even shoots his own head a couple of times.
Or the black 'brother', letting his other 'brothers' in on a secret that he's never told anyone before. The secret is that he's black. In the context of the storyline, that's funny shit.
Plenty more laughs, particularly in the first half of the movie, less laughs in the second half, but still not bad though. I'd give it 3.5 / 5.

Surprisingly, in the sensitive 21st century that it seems no one got offended by Sandler playing a half caste American Indian and Schneider a half caste Mexican. Must only be Whites playing Blacks that's taboo.

First doco was Keith Richards, Under the Influence. Pretty good insight into his influences, particularly the legendary Black American Blues musicians. Surprisingly, he's still pretty sharp and still smokes like a train. Good viewing, but his solo lyric writing isn't up to the same standard as his guitar work IMO.

Second doco was about the Waler horses and their role in the Light Horse Brigade during the First World War. It goes into the bond and trust between man and horse when dealing with the extreme conditions endured during desert warfare and when charging into battle. Also, the heartbreak of leaving their horses behind to be killed or sold, or having to shoot their own horses themselves. There are some incredible stories and it's impossible to comprehend how difficult it would have been.
Stuff that I've seen before, but it still gets me every time.

Surprisingly, in the sensitive 21st century that it seems no one got offended by Sandler playing a half caste American Indian and Schneider a half caste Mexican. Must only be Whites playing Blacks that's taboo.

Nah, there were quite a few of the American Indian actors apparently got pissed about it. They were pissed and got offended about when they say “how” as in “hi”. Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

It wasn’t a bad movie. If you watch it for what it is and that’s a piss take “think Blazing Saddles type thing” then it isn’t a bad movie. If you watch it to think it’s a you beaut western with some funny parts you’ll think it’s rotten tomato winning movie it was. I personally enjoyed it and love watching most Sandler movies.

Latest posts

Back