What's Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim_Levet

Reaction score
I had an awakening today. I really put my taste buds to the test. The little buggers are more awake than I ever imagined. Dragged my arse down to Paddy's this morning as Gerard had told me he was filtering. We tasted beer straight from the fermentor, from the filter, and from the serving tank after carbonation. I was shocked at how the gassing of the beer really cleaned up some of the bitterness.
Pestered him with heaps of questions about what to brew for the comp. He pointed at a very empty bar and said "A beer that will fill that room". As it is coming into winter I was thinking Irish Red Ale or Stout, but by the time the comp is over, judged and what not, it will be getting on towards Spring. I am thinking Belgian Pale or Golden. Any other ideas?
James

Jim_Levet said:
Pestered him with heaps of questions about what to brew for the comp.
He pointed at a very empty bar and said "A beer that will fill that room". As it is coming into winter I was thinking Irish Red Ale or Stout, but by the time the comp is over, judged and what not, it will be getting on towards Spring. I am thinking Belgian Pale or Golden. Any other ideas?
James
[post="54037"][/post]​

Thats a different angle on what sort of beer to brew for a competition.

"A beer that will fill that room".

If any interstaters or locals wish to brew for the comp they may be disadvantaged at not having seen the "room" that they will need to fill with beer. No atmoshperics as such.
Gerard, is there any chance of you posting a picture of the room for anybody that has not had a chance to see it?

cheers
johnno

It is already half full of giraffes (unless Gerard is pointing to the other bar, as I can't quite see his hand :lol: )

Doc

OK how about brewing a beer that all your mates will come around, uninvited, and drink until your batch is gone or your missus cracks the dirts! When that time comes you can turf them out and tell them its on tap at the pub!
Cheers
Gerard

Latest posts

Back