What's a good lager kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonk1972

Reaction score
After sum suggestions on a good lager kit and hop combinations as coopers pale ale kit are quite good but not very morish

Coopers Draught tin
1kg LDM
300gm Dex
20gm Cluster boiled for 5 minutes in 2 litres water with 200gm LDM, added to fermenter.
Ferment coolish 15-16c if you can.
Very megaswill,

Cerveza tin
1kg BE2
500gm LDM
Ferment 11-12c
A little Galaxy or Citra (10gm) as above

Euro lager
1.5 kg LDM
15gm Hallertau or Saaz or Tett or Hersbrucker as above.
Ferment 9-10c

One of my favourite kit brews was simply two tins of Coopers original series Lager. End of story.

Use only one of the yeasts and keep as cool as possible during fermentation as this can be a foam monster. Where you are at the moment NW Slopes, if you have a garage, shed or laundry with a fairly steady temperature you should get high teens in the temperature of the brew in the fermenter at the moment so ideal weather.

I have a brew fridge so I can get the temps I need thanks yum beer

I'm putting on my flame suit.
I'd suggest using a low bittered can, like a Woolies homebrand Lager, ferment at 12' with 34/70 yeast and play with whatever hops takes your fancy. Citra, cascade or galaxy. I did this the first time I used Galaxy. 15gms dry hopped in 11.5 L for 5 days after 6 days of ferment. Lovely passionfruit, I know it's not right for a lager, but I had no complaints and that shelf in the fridge was empty very quickly.

I have used the woolies lager but with the kit yeast i have not worked with other yeast maybe my next move.... i used galaxy was nice but not quiet there thats why i went to apa

I will have 2 fv going over winter with lager in the fridge and ale in the shed plenty of experiment
Cheers for everyone input

yum beer said:
Coopers Draught tin
1kg LDM
300gm Dex
20gm Cluster boiled for 5 minutes in 2 litres water with 200gm LDM, added to fermenter.
Very megaswill,

Cerveza tin
1kg BE2
500gm LDM
Ferment 11-12c

Euro lager
1.5 kg LDM
Ferment 9-10c
What yeasts are you using with these recipes?

While in Woolies I'd recommend the blue tin, Tooheys, a snip at $10 and absolutely spot on. Better than in the pub imho. I do mine with dextrose.

yum beer said:
Coopers Draught tin
1kg LDM
300gm Dex
Very megaswill,

Cerveza tin
1kg BE2
500gm LDM
Ferment 11-12c

Euro lager
1.5 kg LDM
Ferment 9-10c
I am also keen to know what yeast you use for these
Cheers

Coopers Canadian blonde 1kg brew booster of your choice 34/70 yeast fermented at 12 degrees

Latest posts

Back