What Will You Be Drinking For The World Cup?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any truth to the rumour that your other is hanging on the wall?

I have tried numerous times to "get into the world game",sorry I just can't.

BUT,I will certainly be watching along with my strongest Belgians,to either numb the pain or highlight the treasure I have been missing.I think the former,but hope for the later. :icon_cheers:

I've watched it on occasion and didn't mind it. Mind you, that was a few years ago in a rowdy dorm of university students - most anything could be made exciting hahaha. It'll be interesting to see how we go in the first round against Germany, though, what with their status as a pretty decent team and having a few player problems to deal with...

I'll be drinking a beer I put down with leftover:

a 1.7kg lager kit,
500g/300g LDME/sugar mix,
350g Crystal 60,
160g JW Amber,
60g JW Choc
12 month old Fuggles and Saaz @ 15min, 'bout 15~20g each.

Drinking quite well at the moment, cracked one last night watching 'The Pacfic'.

Cheers - boingk

I think football in australia is a very easy target. The diving, the acting...it's just not cricket. As a football fan, I can't really stand the faking, it is quite frustrating, similar to when they kick the ball on the outskirts of the oval to wind down the time in the last quarter in an AFL match - noone enjoys it.

Cheers
Phil

I enjoyed a number of A League games (on austar) because in Australia there are very few actors & divers - they are quickly spotted and taken out of the game. The local comp is rough and tough and no place for sooks. That said, I can't find much to be excited about as I have no allegiances to any side.

That said, when you see the skills of some of the teams in the European leagues - Barcalona, Real Madrid, Chelsea - no matter how much you might "hate wogball", great skills are a joy to watch.

I actually like watching the World Cup cos it means something. I'll watch as many games as I can. But as I said before, when it's over its another 4 years until I worry too much about soccer it again (Asian Championships aside, of course, proud Aussie - if we are in a contest in any sport - C'mon Aussie!

Might have to abandon plans to drink that altbier I have during the first game and drink a Coopers instead.

Back