What type of keg thread is this?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bdogg

Reaction score
I scored a mini keg from an old digger, wanting to put ball lock posts on it but not sure what thread this is.

Can anyone help me out?

I presume they sell adaptors as he has one ball lock post on there. Thanks in advance!

PXL_20201030_224533791.jpg

PXL_20201030_225323696.jpg

PXL_20201030_224536556.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20201030_225323696.jpg
    PXL_20201030_225323696.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 5
I think its an old Taylor Ice-cream machine keg.
They are a weird made for brand post, never found spare parts for them. Have had to weld a socket on to take a 1/2" Australian style "Turret" post, but that was years ago, these days there might be more options.
If you can find a good industrial supply or engineering shop they should be able to match the thread which might make it easier to find parts.
Can you service the existing post, it should be either a poppet or a serviceable post like the Oz ones.
Mark

That's great info Mark, yeah you're right it has an old label that mentions chocolate syrup.

The existing port is good as gold. I presume the old digger was using a bike pump to dispense it from that port.

I'll see what I can arrange, there's some good machining shops around here I'll put the feelers out.

Appreciate your input as always Mark, you're a bloody legend.

I think its an old Taylor Ice-cream machine keg.
They are a weird made for brand post, never found spare parts for them. Have had to weld a socket on to take a 1/2" Australian style "Turret" post, but that was years ago, these days there might be more options.
If you can find a good industrial supply or engineering shop they should be able to match the thread which might make it easier to find parts.
Can you service the existing post, it should be either a poppet or a serviceable post like the Oz ones.
Mark

Great info Razz, yeah you got it, I can make out on the label is says chocolate syrup.

Thanks for the guidance, I'll check out that tread and see where I end up.

I think it's a Taylor keg Bdogg. Check this thread.

Latest posts

Back