What Type Of Keg Is This?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukasfab

Reaction score
new to kegs so could some one please help in letting me know if these are any good?
what sort of fittings it takes, spare parts.......................

what are these worth?

DSC_0508.JPG

It's a ball lock Cornelius keg. Check the sponsor website for details on cost and fittings etc.

It's a bomb, sent by the taliban.
Luckily I can make it all safe again.
Will PM you my address... :)

If your name is not Phil, I assume it is not yours! :p

As above, one of the most common kegs in HB, heaps of info if you have a computer.

:icon_cheers:

cool

they belong to a mate( has 3 of them) that has had them for a while, he used to get them filled at u brew it

they are clean and been sitting for a year or so, will i need to replace the seals? they look ok

a suppose in one of the stickies there is a guide to setting up and cleaning as in the in/out ports?
will have a browse

thanks

Lukas a seal kit will set you back around $5 and you can then be sure it will get a good seal. The posts can easily be removed to clean and replace the seals. There is a topic somewhere about the required socket sizes to get them off without butchering them with vice grips/adjustable spanners.

thanks mate, learning the next stage of brewing :p

seeing as i missed out on your setup i will do a cheap one, will get a good reg up front though

new to kegs so could some one please help in letting me know if these are any good?
what sort of fittings it takes, spare parts.......................

what are these worth?

if i had to guess, i would say that its a standard cornelius keg with ball locks

you're welcome

Connor, I want your budget tap kit
Can I pick up?
Yeah mate, I should be able to arrange it. We are heading to the WA beer week brew day with the guys at Carlise celebrations and the little creatures brewers tomorrow. 25 types of craft beer to try!

And I'll be down at the Rogue beer event at Mane liquor mid day today! Mmm fresh Rogue beer :icon_drool2:

I'll pm you to set something up.

Cheers

Back