What To Do

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazz78

Reaction score
Hi all total newbie here so please excuse my dumb questions. I've been meaning to get a homebrew kit for a couple of yers now but every time see them at safeway or kmart they look somewhat crappy. So far I've seen the coopers one and cascade one. Are these supermarket kits ok or total waste of time. I'd really like to setup a quality kit but have no idea whats good/bad.
Any advice very much welcome !
Cheers :beer:

gazz78 said:
Hi all total newbie here so please excuse my dumb questions. I've been meaning to get a homebrew kit for a couple of yers now but every time see them at safeway or kmart they look somewhat crappy. So far I've seen the coopers one and cascade one. Are these supermarket kits ok or total waste of time. I'd really like to setup a quality kit but have no idea whats good/bad.
Any advice very much welcome !
Cheers :beer:
[post="83678"][/post]​

Gazz

Best place to start is probbaly your local homebrew shop (LHBS). Most of them will happily provide you with all the advice you can eat.

Cheers
Dave

gazz - you cant go wrong with the coopers kit from k'mart. Ignore the cheesy photos on the box its the equipment inside that will set you up great for starters. Either that or check out your local (reputable) home brew shop - they will set you up with basically the same equipment as the coopers kit...or have a look on ebay and pick a full brew kit up for half the price of k'mart. Loads of options mate and loads of people on here to help you out.
Cheers
Steve

also gazz - if you go to your local home brew shop ask him if he does brew demos - most do.

Gazz,

Where abouts in sth east burbs are you? Brewers Den on Dorset Road in Boronia is a good place to start. Just have a chat to the guys down there and they'll sort you out.

JS

PS No affiliation etc...

a coopers kit from k-mart is a good start you get everything to start you off just follow the instructions. then in saying that (DONT USED WHITE SUGAR) buy a coopers brew enhancer 2 as i think you get a coopers larger with that kit.

delboy

Back