What To Do?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowy

Drinker of Kegs, Slayer of Fish & Ruiner of Good F
Reaction score
I've got grain, hops and yeast. On a day off and home alone...........any of you blokes at work able to give me any ideas of what I could do................I know I'll have a brewday.............Ah the serenity :D

I know I'll have a brewday.............Ah the serenity :D

15wnsr4.jpg

Lucky bugger..... :D

What are you making?

could you list what you have,type of hop's/grain/yeast will help

Touche DU99! No bite. That takes all the fun out of my gloating.

I've got grain, hops and yeast. On a day off and home alone...........any of you blokes at work able to give me any ideas of what I could do................I know I'll have a brewday.............Ah the serenity :D

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, mate, but with what you have on hand you won't be able to brew.
Your most vital ingredient is missing. Ever tried brewing without water??????

You better call into work and see if they can need you there.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, mate, but with what you have on hand you won't be able to brew.
Your most vital ingredient is missing. Ever tried brewing without water??????

You better call into work and see if they can need you there.

Damn that will be why the grain is sticking to the bottom of the pot and scorching!

Fuggles and EKG ready and waiting Pete. Must admit I'm very interested in seeing how the Notto goes.

Mmm the weather down here (VIC) is perfect for an ESB. Nothing quite compares to a well made ESB passed through a Randall full of EKG.

Mmm the weather down here (VIC) is perfect for an ESB. Nothing quite compares to a well made ESB passed through a Randall full of EKG.

No Randall but I'll make do :(

No Randall but I'll make do :(

I know a lot of people whack some directly in the keg inside a tea ball or whatever they're called. That'd do the trick just fine. Or even without, still delicious mmm Just make sure, in the true spirit of an ESB, you let your glass warm up a bit before drinking :p

I know a lot of people whack some directly in the keg inside a tea ball or whatever they're called. That'd do the trick just fine. Or even without, still delicious mmm Just make sure, in the true spirit of an ESB, you let your glass warm up a bit before drinking :p

Tip taken mate appreciate it. On the glass front I've found since I've been AG brewing that all my beers taste better not ice cold. I think manticle mentioned here a couple of times that they only serve megaswill super cold to mask some of the flavours. Not an expert so can only go from my opinion.

Tip taken mate appreciate it. On the glass front I've found since I've been AG brewing that all my beers taste better not ice cold. I think manticle mentioned here a couple of times that they only serve megaswill super cold to mask some of the flavours. Not an expert so can only go from my opinion.

Yeah, our taste buds become less and less effective at perceiving taste working the colder they get. I don't know if the conspiracy theory has any validity - it could be more that we get hot summers so we naturally want to drink things that are ice cold? I wouldn't put it past the megabreweries though, as some beers out there taste worse than cats piss at true ale drinking temps.

Even a lager should be enjoyed at between 4-7c, which just isn't happening if you put bottles in ice or chill in the freezer prior to drinking - most Aussies are guilty of doing this in at least one point in their life.

Yeah, our taste buds become less and less effective at perceiving taste working the colder they get. I don't know if the conspiracy theory has any validity - it could be more that we get hot summers so we naturally want to drink things that are ice cold? I wouldn't put it past the megabreweries though, as some beers out there taste worse than cats piss at true ale drinking temps.

Even a lager should be enjoyed at between 4-7c, which just isn't happening if you put bottles in ice or chill in the freezer prior to drinking - most Aussies are guilty of doing this in at least one point in their life.

I know I have been! I struggle to drink megaswill these days at any temp.

Back