What to do with a Mr Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggs

Reaction score
Bought one of these ages ago when I first started brewing, even then with my limited knowledge I realised it was a piece of shit. Its been used once and then put in the cupboard.

Any ideas if there is anything worthwhile I could do with it now?

I wouldnt even give it to a mate, if they wanted to actually start brewing I would steer them away from it. Far away!

All valid and extremely helpful ideas guys :D

I think I'll file it in the big green plastic filing cabinet that I push out to the curb once a week.

To be honest I'm not actually sure what it it. Looks like a gimmicky shaped, pint sized fermenter. Is it meant to be an all in one brewing kit so it also acts as a draught dispenser? The website is woefully short on information.

Filing cabinet looks like a good destination.

Yeah, it's basically a FV with a tap on it. They supply a powder packet instead of goop.

Think it makes about 9lt.

Diggs said:
Its been used once and then put in the cupboard.
On the one occasion you used it, how did the beer turn out?

The website says that the beer mixture is all powdered and I'm curious how an all powdered beer mix turns out.

Keep it for small test batches?

Otherwise looks more annoying to clean than a large fermenter.

Innes said:
On the one occasion you used it, how did the beer turn out?

The website says that the beer mixture is all powdered and I'm curious how an all powdered beer mix turns out.
Rubbish and flat, that being said I was VERY inexperienced and a good Brewer could probably make a drinkable product.

light it on fire pick it up with a stick and pretend you are doing a napalm run over the kids toys, the garden, neighbours car and cat.

Fill it with beer and leave it under your local bridge or wherever the homeless folk sleep in your part of the world.
Leave them with that extra pack you have and the instructions.

booargy said:
light it on fire pick it up with a stick and pretend you are doing a napalm run over the kids toys, the garden, neighbours car and cat.
Napalming the cat....
Reported.

Back