What to brew next?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herm05

Reaction score
Hi all

I'am a long time listener, first time caller. Looking for some inspiration on what to brew next. Currently have a double choc stout, fat yak pale ale, baltic porter, octoberfest, bohemian pilsener & sierra nevada pale ale aging nicely (well some have mysteriously vanished) in bottles. Probably keen to do a wheat beer next, but any ideas anyone would like to throw my way would be appreciated. Currently using biab with a 50l pot and finishing up with a 23l batch after boil & chill.

Cheers

Where do u leave, is it warm or cold where u are, I think I might have a crack at a dunkel with 30 percent wheat with Munich wheat yeast I love the aroma it produces

If your after a wheat beer you can run with a Hefeweizen or being winter make something a bit darker.

Here is what i have made this year both were grain to glass in 7days :icon_drool2: ;

hefeweizen

50% Pilsner
50% Wheat

Hellatuer to 12Ibu

Fermentis WB06 - direct pitched into 17c wort

dunkelweizen

50% Wheat or Dark Wheat
22% Munich
22% Vienna
4% Carawheat
2% Choc Wheat ( or pale choc )

same hops but used MJ M20 Bavarian Yeast - direct pitched at 17c, raised to 19c for fermentation.

Both had great bannana and clove aroma's with great yeast flavour and the DW malt character is very smooth.

On the darling downs so cooling down ever so slowly. Biggest problem I have is storage at the moment (I have none) so I can't really store anything at a correct temp. About to go to kegs so will give one of these recipes a try that way I can try the kegs quicker as well!

Pratty1 said:
If your after a wheat beer you can run with a Hefeweizen or being winter make something a bit darker.

Here is what i have made this year both were grain to glass in 7days :icon_drool2: ;

hefeweizen

50% Pilsner
50% Wheat

Hellatuer to 12Ibu

Fermentis WB06 - direct pitched into 17c wort

dunkelweizen

50% Wheat or Dark Wheat
22% Munich
22% Vienna
4% Carawheat
2% Choc Wheat ( or pale choc )

same hops but used MJ M20 Bavarian Yeast - direct pitched at 17c, raised to 19c for fermentation.

Both had great bannana and clove aroma's with great yeast flavour and the DW malt character is very smooth.
That dunkel sounds so delish mate, I think I'll give it a crack Friday, just a single infusion mash at 67'

Go for it. If you can get a hold of wyeast 3068 use that and ferment at 21c. I mashed at 67c for an hour with a one hour boil.

Ended up finding a Paulaner Hefe clone recipe

Wheat 69%
Pilsner 31%

120min boil with approx 40g Hersbrucker for 60min

Will pitch 2 x Wyeast #3638 Bavarian Wheat

Hope it turns out ok.

Back