What Tap is this?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MastersBrewery

Journeyman, the learning never stops
Reaction score
Taps.jpg
So I got these taps above with a font from flea bay recently, gave 'em a good soak in PBW for 48hrs. There are a few things I'd like to replace along with seals. You might be able to see on the exploded Tap the shank has a mild steel cir-clip, I want to change this out to stainless as well as new tap nut and new bonnet nut. Problem being I have no Idea of what brand or make this tap is; There is the model number SK8330 but that's it. I know the Font it came off was commissioned by Matilda Bay so if I have no luck here I'll chase them down with email. If someone know who would stock kits for them would much appreciate it.

MB

I think they may be Cornelius brand. I have stainless flow control Cornelius taps I bought from Germany - same shape similar to Cellis and the SK model numbers rang a bell with me
Google Cornelius Zapfhahn and you may get an idea
Cliff

Hey MB, do you mind if AHB appropriates this thread for random tap identification?

Maybe I will post a few of my obscure taps on here and see if anyone can help identify them, later. They are all snaplock, iirc

Not a bad idea at all Les, I'm sure like me there are and will be brewers with Taps they can't identify and want to refurbish or get parts for. Please post away.

So far I've had little luck, I'm waiting a reply from Matilda Bay, failing that I'll start sending pics to Manufacturers.

MB

Update: ok so we found out nothing, I did get some O'rings replaced and that seems to have got them into working order. I had one jerry rigged up to the main kegger for a bit, clamping the 3/8th line over some 10mm, hey it worked! So did a bit of hunting around and found that the compression fitting was 5/8th BSP, cool right! same as a standard A or D coupler! I check it out and find I've got no room for a JG and a standard nut and tail could be tight so I'm thinking a low profile 90 and one of the former, just works out a little costly. will continue to keep you posted.

As for the rest of you, someone else has to have a weird Tap out there ... take some pic's and post 'em!

MastersBrewery said:
Update: ok so we found out nothing, I did get some O'rings replaced and that seems to have got them into working order. I had one jerry rigged up to the main kegger for a bit, clamping the 3/8th line over some 10mm, hey it worked! So did a bit of hunting around and found that the compression fitting was 5/8th BSP, cool right! same as a standard A or D coupler! I check it out and find I've got no room for a JG and a standard nut and tail could be tight so I'm thinking a low profile 90 and one of the former, just works out a little costly. will continue to keep you posted.

As for the rest of you, someone else has to have a weird Tap out there ... take some pic's and post 'em!
Good idea, when it comes to computers etc I'm hopeless anyone out there who wants/can start a " tap identification thread" for the benefit of all.
Perhaps pictures ,names and manufacturers details ?.

Back