What Size Hose?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budron

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The fermentation of my czech pilsner is coming to an end and I will be using it for my first kegged beer. Psyched!
Anyway, I think I have all my parts together to get it all working.

Just one last thing - What's the ID size of the hose I will need to do the transfer from my (coopers) fermenter tap to my keg?
I have 6mm lines for the beer/gas, but these are way to small to fit over the tap. Am I looking for 10mm/12mm?

I should have taken the tap down to the hardware store before I started fermenting, but that's what you guys are here for :lol:

Cheers,

Budron

i think its 10mm inner or 12mm outter (if its the standard kinda tap im thinking of a garden hose will fit over but i dont recomend garden hose use CVT)

its about (rough measure) 12mm....i just had some left over 5/8 that i use it...works fine (as far as i know)

12.5mm Vinyl Hose you'll find it at most Bunyips for under $10 for 3m in the garden hose section

Cheers

Chappo

BTW wash it a sanitize it before use you never know what snot nose 16 yr has touched it?

Hi guys,

The fermentation of my czech pilsner is coming to an end and I will be using it for my first kegged beer. Psyched!
Anyway, I think I have all my parts together to get it all working.

Just one last thing - What's the ID size of the hose I will need to do the transfer from my (coopers) fermenter tap to my keg?
I have 6mm lines for the beer/gas, but these are way to small to fit over the tap. Am I looking for 10mm/12mm?

I should have taken the tap down to the hardware store before I started fermenting, but that's what you guys are here for :lol:

Cheers,

Budron

I use a section of an old bottling stem about 100mm long. Add 1m to 1200mm X 10mm hose. This will fit staight up ya spout / tap and when not in use connect the two ends to make a loop. I wash as usual put sanitiser in then close loop, hang up till next time.
Take your bottling stem to the hardware but pretty sure is 10mm :icon_cheers:
Daz

i like to use silicone hose. you can pour over stinking hot bpoiling water over the hose to kill of everything and the hose is fine becuse its silicone! even if you go the 'light duty' silione your laughing.

yeah 12mm will do the trick of any type hose.

Cheers for all the replies!
Went to the local hardware store and picked up some today. Works fine.

My only problem is now, that 1 of the 2 kegs I bought of ebay isn't holding pressure. It's leaking around the lid o-ring. Tried the lid from the keg that was holding pressure but same deal.
Wish I hadn't of left feedback already! I'm an idiot.
Hopefully the guy will replace it anyway. They were supposed to be pressure tested and all.

Anyone else dealt with the seller "the_kegging_company"???

A friend of mine bought his kegs from there, I think they are meant to be reconditioned which means seals etc IMO.. When I checked out his kegs, it didnt look like they were new seals at all... <_< Some of those old seals are hard as, I think its best they are a little soft and supple to squash and make a good seal.....

The o-rings seem ok.
I dont have lube ATM for them though. Could this be contributing to not holding pressure?
Still wouldn't explain for 1 holding pressure without it and the other not....

Latest posts

Back