What Should I Ask For?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weizguy

Barley Bomber
Reaction score
G'day,

It's been a while since I started a new thread.

Anway, to the guts of it...A friend from work is going home to Minnesota and has offered to bring something back for me. :D

Any suggestions, within reason, will be considered.

She will be taking her son and prob can't carry a lot. I don't wanna be a PITA, with extra goodies!

I was thinking of some Stone brews (Arrogant, Ruination, maybe Vertical Epic- if available). :beer:

Better/other suggestions?

Sethule Beer-Elitist :p

*Edited for spelling/dyslexic keying*

Let's see:

- A tight fitting Hooters t-shirt
- A Fosters Oil Can (available at all good local servos)
- A cheeseburger from any of the local establishments
- The new Hanson CD
- Any fun numberplate from Venice Beach, California, saying 'IMFIT'

I'm tending towards the Hooters shirt.

Brett :ph34r:

ive got a cousin coming out to visit from california and im thinking the same thing. maybe three or four bottles of local beer.

if she is going to minnesota try to ask for something local or at least regional as it will probably be easier to find. but heck, if she can get stone, that would be sweet (or very, very bitter depending on what is available).
joe

Anything Stone, Three Floyd, Alesmith, Victory or Dogfish Head is bound to go down well.

Weizguy said:
Anway, to the guts of it...A friend from work is going home to Minnesota and has offered to bring something back for me. :D

[post="61119"][/post]​

Minnesota Fats? :blink:

Warren -

fats4_sized.jpg

Minnesota may be pushing it for Stone Brewing Distribution, so I'd imagine it would be the same for Alesmith as well.
You'd be more likely to find Dogfish Head, so I'd be going for their 60, 90 and 120 minute IPA's.

There is also a list of recommended Beer Stores in Minnesota over at Beer Advocate that will give your workmate a good place to find you your brews.

Beers,
Doc

Weizguy,
Try for some Yeungling "Black and Tan". The Yeungling lager was ordinary
but I really enjoyed the "Black and Tan"

I think there is some good home brew stores in California - St Pats has opened up there but i think they only wholesale now.

But why not ask here to bring back a Cheap Grain Mill or a CCCFWC - COnvoluted Copper COunter Flow Wort Chiller...

I had a mate who went over and he bought these back for me...

catn believe no one has suggested you ask for some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - my favorite drink when I was livin int he states...next to a Magic Hat #9

I would get something practical (for the brewery maybe)

ok get a anchor steam beer is a must and u must Get the sierra nevada pale ale if u like lcpa and a barley crusher with the base and hopper as well i got mine mailed to a peron last point of call who bought iut back for me

Lock that one in, Eddie!

I've decided on SNPA, Anchor Steam and an Arrogant *******.

U C, she is going to California too. Yeehaa. :beer:

Don't want to push the friendship either, but will advise that I have capacity to appreciate any extra beer she can bring back. e.g. Stone, Alesmith, Dogfish Head, in fact anything with a bionic reputation.

She tells me that she is going over with Christmas gifts and will have plenty of space in the luggage.

Maybe I should get a Crankandstein mill sent to her brother's house...and a cuppla kegs (hahaha) :D

Seth out :p

Back