What Shall I Make Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
hi guys,well i have made a coopers draught ,coopers pale ale,coopers heritage lager,black rock lager,,morgans royal oak amber ale. all with the apropriate adda pack.what i want to do now is to make somthing tried and tested by somone with all the exact details and adda packs,i would also like to use a different yeast other than the under the lid variety that comes with the cans,so i am open to all suggestions for a recipe and i will take it from there,i dont really want to start making it too complicated either so lets see what you k&k guys have got or even you AG guys im sure would have started off with the K&K styles,remember if you post a recipe and i use it i will give an honest opinion on it and your reputation will hang on it
cheers
fergi

You should try steeping some crystal and perhaps some chocolate malt, boil the wort from this with some nice hop plug or pellets. Do away with adda packs and add malt extract, dry or liquid.

Jovial Monk

for a change in yeast, try safale or saflager (depending on the kit or what your after). also nottingham yeast is also a good dry yeast.

if your after the little creature taste and don't want to use liquid yeasts, look for the dried version of 1056, i might be wrong, however i thought the jovial one had it in stock.

is there something in mind your trying to brew??? or are you open to suggestion??
also, is there a style your after?

The best kit beer I made was using GMKs recipe for a pilsner. So he can take the credit for this one. Youll probably need a beer fridge for this one because fermentation temperatures are very important.

Morgans Golden Saaz Pilsner
1kg dextrose or malt, your choice. I used malt.
40g Saaz Dry hop.
Saflager or liquid yeast.

I fermented at about 10 degrees for two weeks. Left out in the sun for a day or so at 24 for a diacetyl rest (Gets rid of undesirable flavour). Then racked and dry hopped for a further week at 10 degrees. Then finally lagered as close to freezing as I could for a month.

Enjoy.

thanks guys for the response,i am not trying to make anything in particular i am open to any suggestions or more to the point a complete recipe ,morry thanks for your recipe will keep that one in mind ,ii am after a recipe that is fairly straight forward without getting too complicated as i have only ever done kit beers with the add ons,but i thought someone may have done a kit beer that has turned out as one of their great beers
cheers
fergi

Heres one I did on 9/3/02 if you like black beer

Gold Rush "Texas T" Black Ale kit
Yeast from under lid
#22 kit which is, 250gm Dextrose, 250gm Dark dry malt and 500gm light dry malt
Half Morgans can(500gm)chocolate liquid malt
2 X T bags Golding hop dry

Pitched at 25o and fermented at 20o

SG 1042

Bottled at FG 1014

thanks linz
is this dark ale more like a stout or still like an ale with a darker color ,and did the hop bags go in primary or secondry ferment
cheers
fergi

Latest posts

Back