What Sg To Look For?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had a look around but can't find any answers to this;

I'm brewing a Beermakers Draught using a #20 enhancer kit (I think 500g Dextrose, 250 g Corn Syrup, 250 g malt). The Draught kit indicates I should bottle at around S.G. 1006, however my fermentation seems to have stabilised around 1014 (measurements taken over two days, currently in day 7 of fermentation, pitched and maintained 22-25 degrees, OG 1045)

Does using an enhancer pack such as this affect the SG that will be obtained? Obviously the corn syrup wont ferment, so I assume I will be looking for something greater than 1006 - but what? 1014 seems a little high. I'd especially appreciate input from people who have brewed with similar ingredients to advise on what SG they obtained.

Thanks for any advice - either way I'll wait a few days longer and take more readings to ensure fermentation is complete.

Drew said:
snipped>
- either way I'll wait a few days longer and take more readings to ensure fermentation is complete.
[post="104014"][/post]​

Yeap at 22-25c for 7 days i'd say your not likely to get much further down than that, leave it another 7 days as is though. If you get a few extra points down you'll be lucky but i wouldn't expect more than a couple points further if any at all.
It is a little higher than what you'd be after with such a brew but no major drama really.

Horse called war
Jayse

I've found that adding an extra 300 grams dex. to brew enhancers usually brings the fg down a few points compared to just the bag alone. :p

Back