What Proportion Of Beer Consumption Is Homebrewed?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Of the beer you drink, what proportion is brewed either by yourself or fellow craft/home brewer?

• 0-30%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60%

• 60-90%

• 90-99%

• 100%

• Total voters
I put 90-99% which is true except for when I'm away for work or on holidays.
So the next week is going to be the exception :p

Doc

deebee, which box do I tick if I tick if I consume 90% B)

Asher said:
[post="66843"][/post]​

The same one you check if you consume 30% or 60% :p

Doc

I put myself in the 90-99% category. Not 100% because I often have a pint at the pub at lunch time.

I have been able to track how good my brewing is getting by how much commercial beer I keep around and drink. When I first started brewing, I was drinking plenty of homebrew but generally always had some commercial beer hanging around, and the commercial beer was generally better than my beer.

As my brewing has become better the number of commercial beer purchases has decreased sharply, being restricted to when I'm having non-HB friendly people over or want to get some give-away glass.

Now that I'm kegging and brewing consistently good quality all-grain, the usual situation is that I have plenty of good homebrew on tap and no commercial beer in the fridge at all.

My tastes have also changed, so when I do buy commercial beer its quite different beers to what I was buying when I started out.

90- 99% : Have to account for those occasions when you go out and it is not acceptable to bring a keg :p

That's what 3 gallon cornies & pluto guns are for :)

Taxi drivers say some funny things when you hop in toting a keg and a gas bottle.

I'd be 60-70% at the moment but I'm hoping to bump that up to 90-99 over the next year as the AG setup comes on line.

It will never be 100% until the pub lets you bring your own...

Asher said:
[post="66843"][/post]​

So...
a wise guy huh?

I can safely say that I have not purchased a single drop of beer for my own home consumption for nearly five years now but occasionally find myself in a pub going into shock as I hand over almost seven bucks for a beer that never seems quite as good as the home grown stuff.

Well I voted 90-99... would have been 100%, but I still don't consider BigAl's swill worthey of being called homebrew, and that counts for at least 5% of my consumption :p

I love a poll.
:beerbang:

Asher

90-99% consumed.

150-200% given back to the sewers and waterways via the urinal. :blink:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
90-99% consumed.

150-200% given back to the sewers and waterways via the urinal. :blink:

Warren -
[post="66863"][/post]​

I am also in the 90-99% bracket. As urine contains a large percentage of nitrogen, I use the bucket in my lawn locker whenever possible to keep my garden green. :p At a 1:10 ratio with water of course. :D

0-30% at the moment. It's hard work but I have commited myself to whenever feasible trying as many beers as possible while I'm out of Aus.

I expect it to return to 60-90 in a bit over a years time.

Tidalpete said:
As urine contains a large percentage of nitrogen, I use the bucket in my lawn locker whenever possible to keep my garden green. :p At a 1:10 ratio with water of course. :D

I hope that is well away from any vege's, unless you are composting the waste correctly, human waste should not be directly used on any food crops (unless treated correctly, diluting is not enough). :eek:

90-99% percent for me.

edit: spelling

90-99%, just incase I have to go to a pub for dinner or something. Havent bought a commercial beer in 6 months, and that was a Pilsner urquell, just to see what it was like. Speaking of home brew, its time for one now
Trent

I generally manage at least one pub session per week, which means at least 10 beers outside of the home/craft brew definition - unless you call Coopers a craft brewer :excl: - and I must be some sort of woose, because I'm still inside the 100 beers a week... so 60-90% for me.

I can honestly say that I am operating at 100%.
Cheers
Gerard

Latest posts

Back